• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boy could i use some help with a new root!

Hi all, thanks again for all the help rooting my evo! I rooted another evo tonight and everything was ok till after i flashed mikg.. after boot up it just keeps force closing everything. I cant use it at all. Please advise.. Thanks

go into recovery and try and wipe dalvik cache and cache.

if that does not work in amon ra go to advanced and then select fix uid mismatches or clockwork mod under advanced select fix permissions.

Upvote 0
I think i screwed the pooch.. when i initially went into recovery before installing the mikg rom it didnt have the same options as the evo i did last night. i cant tell you what specifically was different but it was.. should i just start at step 1 for dummies and start over?

you might want to switch recoveries. follow the guide for instructions on how to switch to amon ra.

Upvote 0
When i go into recovery my options are:
reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
power off
go back

Does this look right.. should i just start over? if so, should i choose factory reset in recovery? thanks so much for your help!

Upvote 0
When i go into recovery my options are:
reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
power off
go back

Does this look right.. should i just start over? if so, should i choose factory reset in recovery? thanks so much for your help!

you are using clockwork mod recovery. i think if i remember right we had you switch recoveries to amon ra.

you can flash mikg with clockwork mod if you want. dalvik cache is found in the advanced option and you will need to wipe the cache partitions as well as wipe data/factory reset then select install zip and flash mikg.

but i would really recommend that you switch to amon ra.

Upvote 0
Whelp, you did it again! up n runnin! I guess i can remove the pc36img from my sdcard, what others are safe to remove?

pretty much anything on the card is safe to remove. but i would for sure remove the PC36IMG file. i would keep 2 or 3 nandroid backups and that is it. they do take up a lot of room. and also once you flash mikg or any other rom then you can remove the file as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones