1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Boyfriend recieving all my texts split up no matter how many characters.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kuvari, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Kuvari

Kuvari Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2018
    So my boyfriend and I both got new Samsung Galaxy S8 phones around the same time a couple weeks ago. We are both on separate carriers, however everything has been working between us so far as far as SMS goes, until tonight. Suddenly every single message I send to him he sees split up into several, (2 large messages split into 15) and we have tried EVERYTHING suggested by posts found by googling like changing the SMS/MMS settings and clearing the phone's cache partition, however it does not ONLY split long messages it splits small ones as well. This is incredibly aggravating and on top of those two solutions we've also tried changing the default messaging app, removing and replacing the sim card, restarting the device, nothing is working. It is not a cross carrier issue either since it has worked just fine for us up until now. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or how the heck we can fix it?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Both install Textra from the play store and use that as your default messaging app.
    Post your results

PitCarver likes this.
  3. Kuvari

Kuvari Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2018
    Before we try that, is your reasoning just to see if it still happens when neither of use use the default samsung message app? Because we tried that with FB Messenger as both our defaults and it still happened.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Correct.
    At this point there's nothing to lose and you can always revert back if it doesn't work

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8