• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bp pass through mode

bigdroiddog

Dec 8, 2009
My friends droid must have tried to update to 2.2 today and something happened and its been stuck on a screen that says b ootloader 2c.6c battery ok, ok to program, transfer mode: usb while i have the usb pluged in. So i booted it into recovery(this was an unrooted droid) I tried to run the update zip but its failed.So i am following directions through using rsd lite to install 2.1 back onto the device(which is so easy btw) but it gets stuck at 99 percent and then gets an error that says failed flashing process phone 0000 error switching phone to bp passthrough mode. I would love some help, i have been rooted myself since december, but i used sholesmod updater, but been around computers and android long enough to understand most lingo. Thanks for any help.

I am using the files posted in the stick at the top of this forum, so rsd 4.6 and newest motorola driver and trying to flash 2.1. I tried a 64bit windows 7 pc, worked the best but got error at 99 percent when bp passthrough mode sticks. Tried 32 bit windows vista ultimate, loaded file but start button was greyed out, tried the cmd prompt method discovered in other forums which was a bitch to figure out for a semi noob, but i did it, once again error. I tried a 32 xp laptop, same thing locked up at 99 percent and had the stupid bp passthrough error. I worked for 6 hours straight, i exhausted all methods i could find on any forums and all this started from the otc of 2.2 yesterday on a non rooted droid which rebooted into the bootloader 2c.6c screen and would never come out of that. I wonder if some of the ota's that were sent out were corrupt, that droid was a refurb from 2 weeks ago when the original equipment decided to not turn on anymore. that was a new droid as of nov 6th release date. Now my droid is a original nov 6th droid and have been rooted since December and currently running simply stunning 4.6 and is beastly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones