1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Brand new Bionic/black death screen/new one won't recognize contacts

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jaosmom, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jaosmom

jaosmom Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Have a 2 week old Bionic. this morning I popped the phone in my pocket after taking a few photos, being sure to tap the top button first and lock the screen. Took it out 20 minutes later to use it, and the bottom screen buttons are lit but the screen is black. Side buttons don't work, 3 battery removals don't work. I bring it into the store after a very frustrating discussion with VW customer service, and they tell me the 4G network has been down all day and they can give me a new Bionic but can't activate it, and that the minute the network is up my phone will automatically update. I leave the store after a full hour, where they powered up new phone, and put my sim card and chip from my old phone in. I watched them do this, and I am sure I have the chip that followed me from my original Droid to the first Bionic, as all my pictures showed up on the new phone. The problem- my contacts have not shown up. 4G now works, and I will need to spend an hour or two reloading my daughters games, my bank apps, etc., but I have no idea why my contacts did not show up. Any help?

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I suggest you go into settings, Accounts and Sync, and touch your email address there. You should get a pop up with sync options. Just place a check on your choices, and then hit the sync now button. Sometimes with many contacts, it takes some time for all of them to show up.