1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Brand New Froyo 2.3.13

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D13, Sep 11, 2010.

1. D13

D13 Android Expert

then I will be able to "cd" to any folder and adb will work

wow I have been missing out

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. emr25

emr25 Member

cd C:\Users\Eric\Downloads\android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools
    adb devices (to verify the connection)
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    adb shell
    cd data/local/tmp
    chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    cd C:\Users\Eric\Downloads\android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools
    adb devices (to verify the connection)

I've made it this far, everything worked as it should and now when I adb devices it no longer shows my device. I have tried PC Mode and USB Mass Storage (I did the first part in USB Mass Storage because PC Mode would not work).

3. D13

D13 Android Expert

try media sync

4. akita

akita Android Enthusiast

Will they release a zip for non-rooted users who went ahead and did the 2.2 leak? I ask because the initial post say this method is only available for those that have rooted, unless I missed something.

5. emr25

emr25 Member

No go. It's not showing up in my Device Manager either.

6. D13

D13 Android Expert

looking in to it
    I would post a mirror but...he said not to

7. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

Did you get it fixed?

I too am stuck at the Moto screen.

Now WTF am I to do!!!??? :eek::mad:

Anyone willing to help out a noob via PM?

8. D13

D13 Android Expert

flash the sbf

9. D13

D13 Android Expert

Btw those new drivers work great, pc mode works now

10. emr25

emr25 Member

I'm sick of messing with ADB trying to root 2.2 (been about 2-3 hours). I'm currently .sbf flashing, rooting, moving su to xbin, using the original update.zip to get to 2.2 w/ root, then reinstalling bootstrapper and ROM Manager to flash back to my FlyX v0.1 Final with build.prop edits and Gala X 1.4 theme.

I wish I would have just stuck with that this morning, the new 2.3.13 didn't seem any different to me and now I've wasted my entire Sunday, I should have been doing HW.

11. D13

D13 Android Expert

HW is what kept me from doing this

12. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Where can I find these drivers? I've been wanting good ol' pc mode back.

13. D13

D13 Android Expert

I grabbed them awhile ago but never installed them cause media sync worked fine, so I don't remember. Buy they are called moto connect 1.13.1 or something like that I am not home now so I am not sure what its called exactly

14. malek9696

malek9696 Newbie

I updated and lost root, but I found an easy way to get it back. If you placed su in the xbin folder before starting this whole update procedure (2.1 to 2.2 to this update), then follow these steps to get root back. If you want an east to tell if you're a candidate for this method just install Universal Androot and run it, if it says you're already rooted but you know that none of your root apps work, then this should work.

I ran these commands in a free terminal emulator I downloaded from the market, no adb needed.

From alldroid.com

15. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

Yes they do! And they were the first ones that easy to install. In the past I've had like all but one device install and of course that would be the main one you needed. But these were, run setup, plug in phone and all the new drivers just install pretty as can be. And on top of that they work!!

16. Retrokid223

Retrokid223 Well-Known Member

could you upload those drivers for me please if you stil have them .zip the motorola support page is down :eek:

17. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

Quitter ;)

18. someotherguy

someotherguy Well-Known Member

These drivers are working great for me.
    I uninstalled all Moto drivers from control panel add/remove programs.

Fabolous and Retrokid223 like this.
  19. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

I'm at work and can't right now. Maybe you can find them else were here is the name Motoconnect 1.1.31.zip if not drop me a PM after 8:00pm and I can upload them

20. Retrokid223

Retrokid223 Well-Known Member

thanks alot these worked :D good o'l pc mode

21. I tried to install the new leak last night when I was tired not sure what I did but I got stuck with a boot loop.

Through some frustration i was able to get back to stock 2.1 using the sbf

So my question is how do I get back to 2.2, and then to the new leak?

Best I can tell is to -
    Root - Using UniversalAndroot
    Move su from bin to xbin
    Install the update.zip using recovery from the origional Froyo Leak
    Wipe Data/Cache
    Install new leak

I had the origional 2.2 leak but can't seem to locate it so if someone can get it to me that would be great. If I have the steps wrong or someone has an easier method please let me know. I am sorry if these questions have already been answered but i have looked through so many pages on various forums I decided it is just easier to ask.

Thanks in advance.

22. D13

D13 Android Expert

you can take out the move su, it already does that in the new version of androot

23. Legacystar

Legacystar Android Enthusiast

I installed this and it shows the new version in about phone but its not deodexed?

24. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Android Enthusiast

Dumb question, but how do you format the system for this to show 2.3.13? Thanks

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews