1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Brand New Galaxy S2 Skyrock running slow?? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by REHAMIT, Dec 31, 2011.

1. REHAMIT

REHAMIT Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Hello all,

As I just recently bought an android phone, I am new both to android and this forum- so I'm not really sure if this is the place to post this, but please help as I am experiencing some frustrating issues!

Let me begin by saying I just bought the new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. My first impression of this phone was WOW! The screen size/resolution is amazing. Everything I seemed to do happened immediately and with no delay. Very intuitive user interface, so on a so forth.

...Then I started downloading some apps. The main app I use is words with friends. I like to play against my wife who has the Motorola Atrix. I started noticing that my WWF app was taking a long time to load (even compared to my Iphone 3gs that I just upgraded from) so, naturually, I comprared the two. Her's loaded about twice as quickly as mine! And I started noticing some other things too that started to irk me: when opening pandora I had to go through buffering (which varies how long it takes each time). I never had to buffer when pandora started when using my 3GS. Why would this be? I guess I'm just confused how a phone with specs nearly three times as good as my iphone has trouble running apps that my Iphone 3GS had absolutely no problems with.

I'm getting to the point where I think I may just return this one and wait for the Galaxy Nexus to come out.... I'd gladly pay the extra $50 bucks to not have to deal with these issues. Please advise!!

Advertisement