• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand New Phone, Brand new forum. Hi!

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Just pulled the trigger and got a spanking new Google Pixel 6 pro.
Really happy with the way it responds, the camera, and the speed which is faster and more seamless than my old trusty LG V30.
I need some guidance though.

1: I need three fast charging chargers, two for AC outlets and one for my car, and three fast charging cables to go with them. What do you guys recommend? I al, told they have to be at least 25W

2: I want to make "Alarm Clock Extreme" my default clock app, but see no options in the default apps window to do so. Ideas? Like when I tell my phone "Hey google. Set an alarm for 4 minutes" for it to set my alarm using the app of my choice.

3: Some of the text in the draw-down top activity window, is cut off my the text beneath it.
Things like "Activate new Keyboard" and "Alarm set", are cut off by the descriptions beneath them.

in Chrome some of then fonts are really tiny and while I can blow them up, I'd like a larger default font size and in this phone I can't seem to find it.

Any and all help much appreciated!|
MB

Just pulled the trigger and got a spanking new Google Pixel 6 pro.
Really happy with the way it responds, the camera, and the speed which is faster and more seamless than my old trusty LG V30.
I need some guidance though.

1: I need three fast charging chargers, two for AC outlets and one for my car, and three fast charging cables to go with them. What do you guys recommend? I al, told they have to be at least 25W

2: I want to make "Alarm Clock Extreme" my default clock app, but see no options in the default apps window to do so. Ideas? Like when I tell my phone "Hey google. Set an alarm for 4 minutes" for it to set my alarm using the app of my choice.

3: Some of the text in the draw-down top activity window, is cut off my the text beneath it.
Things like "Activate new Keyboard" and "Alarm set", are cut off by the descriptions beneath them.

in Chrome some of then fonts are really tiny and while I can blow them up, I'd like a larger default font size and in this phone I can't seem to find it.

Any and all help much appreciated!|
MB

Congratulations on your new phone. I went from an LG V40 to my Pixel 6 Pro and was thrilled too. Ok, getting to your questions:
1. I use 2 different chargers. A Google charger & cable that was gifted to me when I purchased my phone from Verizon. Then I purchased a Belkin 30 watt GaN charger from Belkin Screenshot_20220508-045022.png
and a two long Anker cables from Amazon. The first was a Powerline + III and the second was the less expensive Powerline III. Every combination charged the same as the Google charger & cable that was meant for the phone. Can't help on a car charger, I don't drive.
2. I'm not sure if you can make your clock app the default. But just add the name of your app when using the assistant; Say, "Hey Google, Open Alarm Clock Extreme and set for 4 minutes". I tried it with my alarm app and it worked perfectly.
3. To change the phone's font & font size, go to Settings, Display, Appearance and chose your settings.
Screenshot_20220508-050402.png
I hope these helped and welcome aboard! :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Thanks! Just ordered exactly that!
Decided to just use the car charger I have (20W) since it's just there to keep the phone charged while I am in the car, and not to fill the battery.

Have you found a way to get rid of the lousy giant, dumb looking clock on the lock screen? It's ridiculous!

Thanks again, my fellow LG V30 refugee.
MB

Reactions: ocnbrze and markdoc
Upvote 0
Thanks! Just ordered exactly that!
Decided to just use the car charger I have (20W) since it's just there to keep the phone charged while I am in the car, and not to fill the battery.
Have you found a way to get rid of the lousy giant, dumb looking clock on the lock screen? It's ridiculous!
Thanks again, my fellow LG V30 refugee.
MB
I'm not sure what you mean by "dumb looking clock". This is my lock screen:

Screenshot_20220508-065952.png
Also, you might not be able to use a charger that you used with your LG phone on your Pixel 6 Pro. The Pixel 6 Pro uses a different charging protocol and it may not charge with the LG charger. The LG uses Qualcomm's Quick Charge while the Pixel 6 Pro uses Power Delivery PPS chargers.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It is really awful and hideous!
settings/display/lock screen/double-line clock - uncheck that nasty thing!

Upvote 0
Also, you might not be able to use a charger that you used with your LG phone on your Pixel 6 Pro. The Pixel 6 Pro uses a different charging protocol and it may not charge with the LG charger. The LG uses Qualcomm's Quick Charge while the Pixel 6 Pro uses Power Delivery PPS chargers.
It will be able to charge (phones using PD can still charge using 5W chargers from the early 2010s), but it might not charge as fast as you want. How it will perform will depend on which version of QC and which version of PD: I believe QC4 is supposed to be compatible with PD, for example. But yes, simplest is just to buy PD-compatible chargers.

I like PD because my laptop and tablet use it too, so I only ever need to carry one charger.

I'm afraid I can't help with the clock: I don't have a Pixel 6, and I never see the lockscreen anyway (I turn always-on displays off and just unlock with a fingerprint, so my screen goes from black straight to unlocked).

Upvote 0
That's what I was told!
BUT, there is No such option in the lock screen options on my unlocked Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks.
Odd. You are totally up to date on all the updates and on 12, not a 13 beta or anything? It should be there for you. Try doing a search for it in settings (at the top, there's a search option). It was one of the most complained about things in 12 and there was much rejoicing when they added the option to get rid of it. No idea why you don't have it listed - weird.

Upvote 0
That's what I was told!
BUT, there is No such option in the lock screen options on my unlocked Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks.
That's what I was told!
Thanks.

This may be a dumb question, but have you tapped on "Lock Screen" in Settings?
Screenshot_20220508_090140.jpg
I missed it at first so I figured I'd ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones