• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand New Super Mario Custom Boot Animation

es0tericcha0s

Apr 16, 2010
Hey there everyone. I've been working on this for a couple of days (since I'm pretty much an idiot with anything beyond web surfing), but with the help of some forum members and various other how-to guides, I figured it out. I split it up into individual frames, picked out the ones I wanted, converted them to JPGs, renamed them, and rewrote the desc.txt file. I can write a more detailed how-to since most of the things online are more about how to change the animation than how to create one. Just ask, and I'll put it up later. It's a short clip from a Youtube video of the trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2. And without further ado:

*http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5MP13JD

*Now down to a slim and trim fighting weight of 1.68MB. Just a bit better than my original file with super huge PNGs that was 21.1MB. heh

Feel free to use it as you wish. Just say thanks or something. Enjoy!

Reactions: P1zz4guy
Ok maybe you can help me with this then if you had a minute or two. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I try and make a boot animation. I have taken screen shots almost frame by frame of an animation, there saved as .png and created a desc.txt file but all I get is a blank screen. Can you help me, how did you creat yours?

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
Wow...this got brought back from the dust bin. LoL You're welcome for the animation P1zz4guy. Glad you're enjoying it. This was my first one I made. Have made quite a few since...

Madd Dogg - There's a good chance it has to deal with how you are zipping it up. You need to make sure it zipped with no compression or store compression, depending on what zip program you use. If you're still having trouble with it, feel free to send it to me and I'll see if I can straight it up for you...

Reactions: Madd Dogg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones