1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Brand new user. Need help! Can't access PLAY store after update this a.m

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eaglesfangirl75, Jan 11, 2014.

1. eaglesfangirl75

None

Jan 11, 2014
    First I need to say that I am really not a tech person, so please put any possible solutions in "baby talk" for those who are tech stupid :)

Ever since my phone automatically updated to new software this morning, I can't access the Google play store. It just keeps saying "no connection" and when I hit the retry button, it does the same thing. I can't search or download any new apps.

My internet connection and 4g is working fine. I can navigate other websites and facebook etc with no problems. I've already tried going into settings and clearing the cache for google play under apps, but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Help?

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    Welcome to the forums! :D

Have you tried restarting the device? Sometimes the simple things like that can clear up any quirks

3. eaglesfangirl75

None

Jan 11, 2014
    Yep. I did that first thing. I didn't take the battery out and then power it up, but I did restart it.

4. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Consultant
    Birmingham, UK
    Okay, here we go. First go to your settings (the cogged wheel in your app drawer) then > General > select Application manager > then you'll see a tab 'Downloaded' and to the right SD CARD followed by RUNNING and finally ALL > under All scroll down to 'Google Play services' and tap on it then tap on 'clear cache' > next go back one step and now tap 'Google Play Store' tap on clear cache and clear data > now and finally, select 'Google Services Framework' and again, clear cache and data.
    Finally, go to 'Accounts' > Google > Select your account associated with the Play Store and tap on it then down at the bottom right choose 'Remove account'.

Now restart your phone and go to Accounts and ad the previously removed account and sign in with your credentials; tick all the boxes of the items you want to sync, i.e. Gmail, calendar and so on. Last Step is to go to the Play Store app and sign in with your Google account. You should now get all your app catalogue sync with your phone.

funkylogik likes this.