• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brand new Volt, need help with two things

CrimsonToker

Android Expert
Jul 4, 2014
Humboldt County, U.S.A.
I just got this phone yesterday, and I'm very impressed so far. I love it, definitely the best phone I've ever had. But the two things that have me stuck are: 1) i tried to connect it to the stereo at my work last night, via 3.55mm aux cord that everyone uses with their various devices for that very reason. But my phone, which serves as mp3 player for on otherwise dull graveyard job, just keeps playing the music through the built in speakers, as if nothing was plugged in. Headphones however still work.

And 2) i just bought some music on amazon, which is now stored on amazon cloud. But to access it, it said i need adobe flash player, which isn't supported by my device. Is there some other flash player i can install? I cant seem to download my newly purchased music because of this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can't answer the amazon question, but Dolphin HD browser supports flash. Not sure if that will help you.

The sound question. I had the same issue when I plugged in my earbuds and turned on Pandora. I Unplugged the cord from the jack, and plugged it back in with the music playing, and that corrected the problem.

Not sure why it does that, but it worked.

Upvote 0
2) i just bought some music on amazon, which is now stored on amazon cloud. But to access it, it said i need adobe flash player, which isn't supported by my device. Is there some other flash player i can install? I cant seem to download my newly purchased music because of this.

Amazon has an app called "Amazon Music" that plays all the music I've purchased from them, without needing any kind of Flash player.

Downloading the app and signing in with your Amazon account information should give you access to your music purchases.

Upvote 0
I can't answer the amazon question, but Dolphin HD browser supports flash. Not sure if that will help you.

The sound question. I had the same issue when I plugged in my earbuds and turned on Pandora. I Unplugged the cord from the jack, and plugged it back in with the music playing, and that corrected the problem.

Not sure why it does that, but it worked.

I tried that, many times. I still never got it to work

Upvote 0
I just got this phone yesterday, and I'm very impressed so far. I love it, definitely the best phone I've ever had. But the two things that have me stuck are

And 2) i just bought some music on amazon, which is now stored on amazon cloud. But to access it, it said i need adobe flash player, which isn't supported by my device. Is there some other flash player i can install? I cant seem to download my newly purchased music because of this.

I havent tried it yet ,but I found it yesterday give it a read maybe it will help

How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Device! ~ Android Rootz | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and More!

Upvote 0
If you're headphones are working but the cable isn't my best guess is the cable for some reason is not going all the way in. (I have had this problem with some cases and the 3.5 cable that we use where I work).

For all the phones for some reason we have had to actually file down the end of the cable to make it thinner in order for it to go in all the way and work with our sound system (though recently we have all gone to almost exclusively using bluetooth). I work in a music store so we do this alot- LOL!

Upvote 0
If you're headphones are working but the cable isn't my best guess is the cable for some reason is not going all the way in. (I have had this problem with some cases and the 3.5 cable that we use where I work).

For all the phones for some reason we have had to actually file down the end of the cable to make it thinner in order for it to go in all the way and work with our sound system (though recently we have all gone to almost exclusively using bluetooth). I work in a music store so we do this alot- LOL!

I tried removing the case, thinking that may be the problem, but it didnt help. I also tried a completely new cord (i sell them at work and was able to test one) and it didnt work either. I dont want to think my brand new phone may already have something wrong with it, but i dont know what else could be the issue... i dont have bluetooth ready stereo equipment, so that idea doesnt work for me at the moment

Upvote 0
So i took my Volt to the Radioshack i bought it from, and of course they got their aux cord to work just fine. I kinda felt silly... they said the same thing someone else did about the case sometimes getting in the way, but i swear i thought of that myself. Well, maybe its just time to upgrade to bluetooth stereo, they had some really nice stuff to choose from.. lol at least i know for sure there is nothing wrong with the phone, just me :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones