1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Brand Spankin' Noob, here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BrandNewDay, Aug 18, 2009.

1. BrandNewDay

BrandNewDay New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Hello!

I'm new to the HTC Magic, to Android... in fact, I'm new to smartphones.

Years ago (like 2001) I had a Palm Pilot. At the time I thought it would be neat if they would combine that with a phone. They did, actually, but my friend said it wasn't very well integrated.

Years went by, and I sorta wanted one of those iPods I heard about. Sort of... I was turned off by the marketing hype, I didn't like the few times I interacted with iTunes, and I couldn't afford one, anyway.

I had a Zen Stone mp3 player, which was OK but I didn't like not being able to see the files and navigate and delete them.

I had the cheapest little Nokia phone with a pre-paid Vodaphone account. I only ever used it when I was driving a long distance or otherwise thought I might need to have a mobile with me. I didn't even know what my phone number was and went weeks without touching it.

I didn't really know what iPhones did and I didn't know how bad I wanted something like that until I saw my friend's Nokia N97 last week. I realized that all the cool stuff I wanted was actually available. I went home and researched smartphones and discovered that you can get one "free" with a contract.

Further research lead me to want an Android phone and I ended up with an HTC Magic.

Now, I'm trying to figure it all out. I don't find a lot of help "out there" because I think most stuff is written by techno whizzes for other geeks and frumpy, middle-aged women like me are a bit baffled....

But, I'm enjoying it and slowly starting to figure things out.

I will be asking for some software/applications advice... hopefully not asking too many stupid questions.

:)

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    That was a nice and detailed intro...Welcome! :D