• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
There is a whole thread somewhere about people buying direct from Orange. They definitely are stocking it and I saw a dummy in an orange shop the other day with an orange branded homescreen sticker on it and a dummy in a vodafone shop with '360' icons on it. I always thought P4U did stock mostly locked handsets.

CPW don't. I think the vast majority of their stock is unlocked/unbranded.

Upvote 0
so does that mean every third party supplier will be shipping branded handsets? does anybody know about mobiles.co.uk, because i'm hopefully going to order a DHD from there tonight. even so if it is branded is it easy to unbrand or will 'rooting' the phone and putting a original htc ROM on there do it ?
ahh many questions i know but, before i start shelling out i'd like to know what its worth you know.

Upvote 0
so does that mean every third party supplier will be shipping branded handsets? does anybody know about mobiles.co.uk, because i'm hopefully going to order a DHD from there tonight. even so if it is branded is it easy to unbrand or will 'rooting' the phone and putting a original htc ROM on there do it ?
ahh many questions i know but, before i start shelling out i'd like to know what its worth you know.

I'm getting mine from them tomorrow, so I'll be able to tell you what I get.

However, their page says that it's unlocked and unbranded.

Reactions: joelio1
Upvote 0
Just ordered my DHD, should arrive next week. Ordered it from P4U with Vodafone. They couldn't confirm whether it was branded or not but he seemed pretty sure it wouldn't be. Think I'll send it straight back if it is, don't want my phone to be raped by Voda 360. Although I hear they listened to all the complaints from Desire users and removed it. Still I don't want to have to wait ages for Android releases to filter through HTC AND Vodafone.

Really excited :D And now the Nexus S has been leaked I'm hoping I've made the right decision!

Interestingly during small talk the guy told me they've heard huge amounts of complaints about O2 with their silly smartphone contracts. Makes me wonder what's going through their heads!

Upvote 0
It's not just that Froyo has taken so long it's also the fact that there have been massive bugs in the SGS since launch (gps, lag/filesystem, wifi) and Samsung don't care. They haven't even come forward and admitted there are any problems.

I agree about that leak, I saw it this morning and thought, 'aw, that does look nice'. But no, I will never buy another Samsung handset again. They screwed us all over too badly and will do it again.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones