1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Branded phone o2 verses unbranded firmware

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xenoblade, Feb 13, 2014.

1. xenoblade

xenoblade Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Male
    Hi I have a o2 branded phone on jelly bean 4.1.2 which I find very slow and laggy, is there any way of using unbranded firmware or returning to ginger bread 2.3.6, I would prefer to have jb ,my thoughts being unbranded firmware might be abit quicker with no branding software added to slow things down...

Advertisement

2. Smokey Mc Pot

Smokey Mc Pot Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2013
    If you are thinking about flashing new firmware,
    The latest UK BTU firmware is fast and smooth.
    But you have branded firmware from 02 on your phone and likely your device is also locked to 02 as well... so you better unlock your device before you even try to flash unbranded firmware.

Why don't you try open [Settings/Application manager/All] and just disable the bloatware on your device by selecting the apps you don't use or need and press (uninstall updates) than (disable) the app or apps.

That will be enough to get rid of the undesirable apps.
    And you don't need to use Titanium for that, unlike the common advice in this forum.

Remove the battery from your phone for at least 40 minutes and see if any improvement?!

;) good luck

xenoblade likes this.
  3. xenoblade

xenoblade Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Male
    Hi thanks for the advice Smokey I have already done all you suggested, in fact pulling the battery for forty mins, was suggested by Samsung customer service, to no avail but now the phone has got so bad , it's like waiting for a train to arrive ,yes my phone is branded and locked to o2, what I would like to know is if one is to use the same sim and carrier why does it matter what os is used, I have been told on a different forum that I don't need to unlock the phone ! however I have no wish to brick the phone so can you or somebody please explain the ins and outs to what I must do to get my phone working, If I had the money I would sue Samsung for providing update that is unfit for purpose...