• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Break in your screen!

bluehaze013

Jan 27, 2010
Was a bit disappointed at first with the screen it had a blue tint to it and was kind of washed out. I do lighting for movies and TV shows and some of the bulbs we use require a burn in period when they are new before they will settle at the proper color temperature so just for the heck of it I decided to try this with my EVO screen.

I downloaded a flashlight app that turns the screen on 100% and makes it all white and i've left it plugged in for a couple hours now with that program running and there is a noticable change in the color temperature, it's still got a slight blue hue to it but it's barely noticeable now and I am thinking in a couple more hours it will be pretty close to normal.

If your screen has a blue tint to it give it a try and see what you think.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones