1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Breaking News] Motorola and Verizon pull all FRG builds!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Piiman, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

2. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

April Fools

3. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

man, I hope this isnt real but i fear it is. If the bootloader wasnt a problem I wouldnt really care.

4. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

I call bullshit. They are not stupid enough to pull the froyo update.

5. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

i might believe it if there were actually a listed source. instead it references a forum post that lists the source as secret...

so yea i call bullshit

6. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...la-verizon-pull-all-frg-builds.html#post25858
    ^ Clearly he meant, "source," and not, "'sourd."

Secret source? Really? I also call bullshit.

7. Old Man

Old Man Android Enthusiast

If it was true it would seem difficult to explain the Droid 2 with Android 2.2 Froyo supposedly going on sale online in a few minutes and in stores on Thursday.

8. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

9. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

It's clearly bogus. How does My Droid World forum get that kind of info but none of the big tech sites even mention something like that? Also, it makes no sense at all that they're releasing Droid 2 with Froyo and HTC is updating their products to Froyo.

10. droidSPARX

droidSPARX Well-Known Member

LOL they want you to DL their own froyo... right

11. dguy

dguy Android Expert

This.

12. AshG

AshG Member

I'd love to see an analysis of their code. I bet there are all kinds of extra "features" available! *cough*passwordstealer*cough*

13. ericnail

ericnail Android Enthusiast

Lol

14. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Not exactly "breaking news" considering it's 5 days old. And though it may be true, I'll believe it when I hear it from the horse's mouth. Thanks for the news nonetheless.

15. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

I did notice the date but the title of this thread was the title of the story.
    When I saw that they had a link to the "leaked" version I didn't really think anything of it since there are many versions out there, as well as a linked version, and I just figured it was for some other phone anyways.

Oh well good know it's not real

16. nfluggs

nfluggs Newbie

I doubt that it is true considering I got my OTA update to 2.2 this morning on my Droid

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews