• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Breaking News - Update Does Not Contain GPS Fix

I also got a different story twice from Samsung. First time this was a fix then a week later it isn't. Also AT&t said there is no difference if you download it or you get a message from AT&T saying it's pushing it to you.
Go figure who knows what the truth is. Guess they figure confuse you enough you'll give up. My GPS didn't change and then about 3 days later it was working. Even today rain and crappy day it is ok. I can use google Navigation, phone in my old BB case in my pocket and it works. Even updates if I don't follow it. Puts me right where I am and shows my house or where I am. My only problem my wifi is not working right signal strength is always poor. Even in front of my router my signal is crap. Screen lags when switching apps and it hyper scrolls if I try to move in any direction.
I just did the oclf to see if it helps fix somethings and at least I'm rooted now so I can screw with the phone now.

Upvote 0
I also got a different story twice from Samsung. First time this was a fix then a week later it isn't. Also AT&t said there is no difference if you download it or you get a message from AT&T saying it's pushing it to you.
Go figure who knows what the truth is. Guess they figure confuse you enough you'll give up. My GPS didn't change and then about 3 days later it was working. Even today rain and crappy day it is ok. I can use google Navigation, phone in my old BB case in my pocket and it works. Even updates if I don't follow it. Puts me right where I am and shows my house or where I am. My only problem my wifi is not working right signal strength is always poor. Even in front of my router my signal is crap. Screen lags when switching apps and it hyper scrolls if I try to move in any direction.
I just did the oclf to see if it helps fix somethings and at least I'm rooted now so I can screw with the phone now.

I'm sure you've tried but have you simply gone into the WiFi settings and toggled Wifi off then back on again? For some reason at my work the WiFi signal will occassionally go weak. All I need to do is to toggle it off and back on and it always comes back.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth (admittedly, very little), I spoke with a Samsung Level 2 Support person today who was clearly from the American South (not that it matters, but everyone else has been saying where their rep was) and she said that they were working on another update relating to the GPS problems, but had no timetable for when it would go out because it first had to be approved by Google and then by AT&T.

Upvote 0
I have just gotten off the phone with Samsun 'technical' support and after explaining to them what I meant by "my gps will not find a lock on any satellites so I cannot find my location on Maps or use Navigation", I finally spoke to someone who told me the fix we received obviously did not completely fix the issue and that they are working on another fix but there is no timeline...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones