• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Breed Wireless Keyboard link w/Galaxy Tab

trice57

Lurker
Feb 17, 2012
I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 (WiFi). I purchased a "Breed" Wireless Keyboard. I cannot link (pair) the two together. I have followed all directions, checked the internet for similar problems, joined forums, you name it. I can't find a solution. I was so excited to find out I could use a keyboard instead of the onscreen keyboard and I really want it to work. Someone suggested that it might be that this keyboard cannot be linked with the WiFi Only Tab. Does anyone know if this is correct? I spoke with Amazon and they just told me to send it back. I would like to see if I can make it work before I return it. Please Help!!

Thank you

FWIW, I'm using the $40 "ewonder" BT keyboard case on amazon (got it for $33 from vendor on ebay), which is the one w/the silicon keyboard specifically for 7.0 Plus. Its working without issue. All I did was power on the device, turn on BT on the tab, then pressed the "Link" button on the keyboard. The Tab had a pop-up for the PIN #, I entered via on-screen keyboard, and all was well. I have to switch to the Samsung on-screen keyboard whenever I want to use the BT keyboard however.

Reactions: trice57
Upvote 0
I had trouble pairing my palm bluetooth keyboard. Not sure what your specific issue is but here is what worked for me:

BIG NOTE! On my Galaxy Tab, when I press "pair with this device" it will try to pair and then give a "cannot pair" message after about 30 seconds. During that 30 seconds make sure you type 0000 on the keyboard and press enter. The Tab is asking for a PIN but doesn't let you know it is asking for the PIN, I guess it just expects you to read its mind. I found it by trial and error. Hope this helps!

Now they pair automatically!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones