• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Brick...? help please.

trapspringer

Feb 13, 2011
Ok! I achieved root with gingerbreak. However, when I tried to install the custom recovery tool http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html it went into:

Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

I tried taking out the battery and restarting as normal as well as holding the home+vol_down+pwr and it keeps going into that screen. I've tried reading some of the unbricking tutorials but i'm not getting anywehre. I also tried going to the [Resolved] [HOW TO] Unbrick LG Optimus One P500 from fastboot mode started udc_start().. - xda-developers but I can't find the stock rom for my phone. My phone came stock with 2.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Ok! I achieved root with gingerbreak. However, when I tried to install the custom recovery tool http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html it went into:

Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

I tried taking out the battery and restarting as normal as well as holding the home+vol_down+pwr and it keeps going into that screen. I've tried reading some of the unbricking tutorials but i'm not getting anywehre. I also tried going to the [Resolved] [HOW TO] Unbrick LG Optimus One P500 from fastboot mode started udc_start().. - xda-developers but I can't find the stock rom for my phone. My phone came stock with 2.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Check your pms. Sorry for my late reply

Reactions: trapspringer
Upvote 0
CAN you guys pleasee help i have the same problem i rooted my phone den rebooted in recovery mode den my fone restarted den only thing i cud see its black screen i been tryin to fix it but I can't find the stock rom for my phone. My phone came stock with 2.2.1. too PLZ joneidy maybe you can help me bro help a brother :(

Upvote 0
CAN you guys pleasee help i have the same problem i rooted my phone den rebooted in recovery mode den my fone restarted den only thing i cud see its black screen i been tryin to fix it but I can't find the stock rom for my phone. My phone came stock with 2.2.1. too PLZ joneidy maybe you can help me bro help a brother :(

Upvote 0
This happened to me about two weeks ago and I FREAKED cause I knew what I had did & it happened cause I used ROM Manager, worst mistake ever. So anyways after that happened I kept trying to get my phone to work and I didn't even think about checking the internet for how to fix it, so I just kept connecting and disconnecting it into my computer and it'd would say "port changed" or some shit like that; but i'm not exactly sure what I did but I took my battery out, plugged my phone in, then put the battery back in when the 'battery required' screen came up a couple times and that just started my phone up as usual. I hope some of that helped cause I know you're freaking out about your phone =/

Reactions: HAZEGOTJUTWIST
Upvote 0
hey guys i need help! i think i bricked my htc evo trying to flash the cyanogen mod 7 onto it and now whenever i turn it on it goes straight to the white screen witht the 3 little andriods at the bottom, ive tryed alot of things an at the top it says my phonee is S-ON. and it loaded the pc36img.zip file but then it says "update failed, main version is older!" any help would be greatly liked thanks!

Upvote 0
hey guys i need help! i think i bricked my htc evo trying to flash the cyanogen mod 7 onto it and now whenever i turn it on it goes straight to the white screen witht the 3 little andriods at the bottom, ive tryed alot of things an at the top it says my phonee is S-ON. and it loaded the pc36img.zip file but then it says "update failed, main version is older!" any help would be greatly liked thanks!
You should be asking in the HTC/HTC Evo subforums. Us Optimus M folk can't help ya much.

Upvote 0
ok i think i'm in the right place for my phone cause the same thing happend with my optimus m when i start it it goes into the fastboot mode screen and i really need help with this i don't know what to do i was using rom manager to back up my rom and install a new one but something happend and i can only get the phone to go into s/w upgrade and fastboot mode i am a noob to android stuff and don't know where to start

Upvote 0
ok i think i'm in the right place for my phone cause the same thing happend with my optimus m when i start it it goes into the fastboot mode screen and i really need help with this i don't know what to do i was using rom manager to back up my rom and install a new one but something happend and i can only get the phone to go into s/w upgrade and fastboot mode i am a noob to android stuff and don't know where to start
People always find this forum after using ROM Manager :(

ROM MANAGER WILL BRICK THE OPTIMUS M!!!
(I'm only doing this because someone is bound to do it to you, lol)

Send a PM to joneidy and they should be able to help you. Make sure you mention you used ROM Manager :)

Upvote 0
God damn it, I made the same mistake :mad:
I was playing with that app RootTools and there was an option reboot into recovery (or smth like that) I decided to give it a shot, because it seemed so easy after all the pain I went through typing numerous times all that stuff in ADB (with no luck) as described in this thread (http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...ecovery-2-2-1-stock-phones-2.html#post2852665).
And after restarting I have the same problem!
I've sent Joneidy a message hope he will help.
BTW maybe smb from those who already got help from Joneidy can help me. I will greatly appreciate that.
Thank you

Upvote 0
God damn it, I made the same mistake :mad:
I was playing with that app RootTools and there was an option reboot into recovery (or smth like that) I decided to give it a shot, because it seemed so easy after all the pain I went through typing numerous times all that stuff in ADB (with no luck) as described in this thread (http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...ecovery-2-2-1-stock-phones-2.html#post2852665).
And after restarting I have the same problem!
I've sent Joneidy a message hope he will help.
BTW maybe smb from those who already got help from Joneidy can help me. I will greatly appreciate that.
Thank you

Check your pms. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones