• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Brick)LG G2 D801 Claro PR

Nope. ur phone touch is not broken. it's just not functioning properly due to incorrect kernel. if you can, try flashing in d800 kernel and modem. there is a chance you might get your device working.
search for "how to install d802 firmware on a d801" in google. you will find a post of a guy who did this and still had a working device. he said to first flash the rom of 802 and then secondly without restarting the device install a d801 kernel, cause d802 kernel i think is incompatible with d801.

think this can also work for your device......
this is only an idea, how to make this happen is a little tricky.......

There must be some combo that will work I agree. They are doing something to get these phones in this state to begin with. And its all well and good, until people flash a critical partition.

Can you link that guys thread you mentioned please? I'm highly interested in solving this riddle once and for all.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Here's the link....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522808

But now since we are in such a position, its quite tricky to how we approach this problem.

Very tricky indeed and many of these phones are actually d800's, not d801's. I wonder if it would be possible to mash up a kdz for the d800 or d801 but replace all the system.img's with that of a d802? If that would actually flash, it'd be a cool solution.

Upvote 0
That would be really great. But putting that aside, we can still try by flashing proper kernel and baseband by installing custom recovery.
Problem is that which recovery to flash. A d802 one or a d800/801 one.
Does the recovery depend upon firmware installed or the actual hardware?

I'm somewhat wondering if the basebands on these phones are already correct to start out with though. I'm guessing they MAY be and the sellers are basically doing what you've suggested. The question I have is...are they starting out with d800/d801 basebands or are they selling them with the baseband already flashed to that of a d802?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm also wondering if it's possible to flash the entire phone to a d802 from fastboot alone. The only two files I'm not sure how to handle are "primary GPT" and "backup GPT". My question is...are those two files actually flashable via fastboot? Or are they essentially a set of instructions to map the nand for it's partitions which requires additional software to perform?

Because if they are in fact flashable as partitions, then it's game over. We could just fastboot flash the whole lot.

Upvote 0
Lol. Well here's what I have currently...

D80220H kdz, it's the newest D802 kdz I have access to. Extracted into individual partitions...

All system img's (32 :eek:) have been merged into a single, flashable system.img. (that's going to take a long time to flash as it's a huge file). Along with aboot, boot, dbi, laf, modem, persist, recovery, rpm, sbl1, tz primary GPT, backup GPT.

How can we not make this work somehow? It seems there must be some combination to restore these phones. You guys optimally need D802's at the end of the day so you can update as needed via OTA. We need to win this thing because I'm tired of people getting screwed over by thieves masquerading as sellers.

Tomorrow, I'm going to upload all these partitions and let whoever is willing take chances with their device until we figure it out. We will unite in a single thread. It's the only way we're going to end up fixing all these once and for all. I still don't know the combination we need, but it has to involve all or most of these partitions.

If need be, I will upload a mash up of d800/d801/d802 partitions until we figure out the correct combo. If you have ideas on that, post them up and I'll upload them accordingly.

Upvote 0
Well, i'm kind of sad to say that i am also one of the victims of these alleged d802s. Bought it a week before from now, and ended up effing it the very next day. For consecutive three days i was so rattled as to what i have done wrong????? Im not new to customizing world, why has this gone soo south even though it was a stock rom update.
After three days of continuous scouring the net, i opened up the back cover to just glance, and i see WHAT THE F)^*&!!!!! Its stamped D801/D803. Damn i had flashed the wrong update.
Right now my phone is currently in this condition......
unknown baseband
No IMEI
Touch controls are all wacky, can't do a thing straight using touch.
have download mode, and can access stock recovery using adb.
32gb has been partitioned to 16gb.

Tried these,

updated first with D802 update stock hongkong 80220c.00 update. thanx to this rom atleast device is stable.

tried rooting using ioroot and thank god it worked. Am rooted on a bricked phone. Who would have guessed.

tired lg flash tools kdz method. ERROR

tried tot method using 801 v10c. Wrong dll or model.

tried tot method with 802 dll, wrong dll or model.

tried using universal dll LGUP_8974, crossdl 802 to 801 (something like this).....

tried adb to change build.prop, permission denied.(pulled and edited, but can't push back the file)

copied build.prop to sdcard and using ES explorer, copied it into the /system folder (took me three hours just to move it to that folder with broken touch), phone failed to boot. just stuck in boot loop. went into download mode and saw model no to D-801. hopes got up. used all methods to flash, but no response. tot says worng dll or model, tot with universal dll says crossdl (d801 to d801). kdz not working with 801 rom, finally had to use 802 kdz, and it worked but got me back to where i started from.

now looking at these options:

flash custom recovery and flash 801 kernel to see if device responds positively before flashing 801 baseband.

edit tot file in hex editor and edit the model no to trick software to flash the 801 tot.

again try adb to push back the build.prop file.

try flashing d801 rom using stock recovery via adb sideload and wait to see what happens (fingers crossed)

suggest......

Upvote 0
Lol. Well here's what I have currently...

D80220H kdz, it's the newest D802 kdz I have access to. Extracted into individual partitions...

All system img's (32 :eek:) have been merged into a single, flashable system.img. (that's going to take a long time to flash as it's a huge file). Along with aboot, boot, dbi, laf, modem, persist, recovery, rpm, sbl1, tz primary GPT, backup GPT.

How can we not make this work somehow? It seems there must be some combination to restore these phones. You guys optimally need D802's at the end of the day so you can update as needed via OTA. We need to win this thing because I'm tired of people getting screwed over by thieves masquerading as sellers.

Tomorrow, I'm going to upload all these partitions and let whoever is willing take chances with their device until we figure it out. We will unite in a single thread. It's the only way we're going to end up fixing all these once and for all. I still don't know the combination we need, but it has to involve all or most of these partitions.

If need be, I will upload a mash up of d800/d801/d802 partitions until we figure out the correct combo. If you have ideas on that, post them up and I'll upload them accordingly.

going all out don't you think. well hats off to your concern for all who have been wronged.

Upvote 0
Right now my phone is currently in this condition......
unknown baseband
No IMEI

Did you backup your efs early on when things were still working?

going all out don't you think. well hats off to your concern for all who have been wronged.

Well, not so much because most of the people who get into this situation start out by being forced to fastboot mode. Generally as a result of using Autorec to flash a d802 recovery when in reality, their phone is a d800/d801. So if it could be fixed at fastboot, that would be the least amount of steps.

Reactions: kamie_ikram
Upvote 0
Did you backup your efs early on when things were still working?

Well, not so much because most of the people who get into this situation start out by being forced to fastboot mode. Generally as a result of using Autorec to flash a d802 recovery when in reality, their phone is a d800/d801. So if it could be fixed at fastboot, that would be the least amount of steps.

Nope didn't make a backup of anything. Cause i wasn't doing much. Just updating through lg mobile support tools. Didn't know what was about to happen. N even if i wanted to make a backup, i would have to install some custom recovery n would have messed up things even more.

Right now im so confused about real model of my device. Decided to take it apart to see model stamp on main board before making any decisions.....

Will ask for suggestions after confirmation of variant.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
If you're going all the way down to the motherboard, I'm hoping you can check out one other place for model/IMEI info also. If you can disconnect the ribbon cable that goes from the motherboard into the top of the battery, then remove the battery itself, I'm guessing the original model/serial/IMEI might be under there.

So far, nobody has had their phone broken down far enough to check that. It'd be nice to know if that location has that info. Particularly in your case since you'll need to know your original IMEI to have any chance at recovering fully.

Reactions: kamie_ikram
Upvote 0
If you're going all the way down to the motherboard, I'm hoping you can check out one other place for model/IMEI info also. If you can disconnect the ribbon cable that goes from the motherboard into the top of the battery, then remove the battery itself, I'm guessing the original model/serial/IMEI might be under there.

So far, nobody has had their phone broken down far enough to check that. It'd be nice to know if that location has that info. Particularly in your case since you'll need to know your original IMEI to have any chance at recovering fully.

Yep. Im praying that i also find that down there. But on most devices i've seen online is that the imei is on a sticker behind the back casing of the device.

Will post back results.

Upvote 0
tried tot method using 801 v10c. Wrong dll or model.

tried tot method with 802 dll, wrong dll or model.

tried using universal dll LGUP_8974, crossdl 802 to 801 (something like this).....

Once you verify model, the tot must be hexedited to have a chance at working. Because you currently have d80220c firmware installed, LG Flash Tool reads it as wrong model if you're trying to use a d800/d801 tot. So you must hexedit the model # in that tot to read LG-d802 instead which will bypass the wrong model error.

This still leaves the cross dll issue. The only way I've been able to work around that thus far is using the LGUP_8974 dll as you mentioned. HOWEVER, there are mutliple LGUP_8974 dll's floating around. That is just a common name for files which have differing content. For example, the LGUP for the d802 is 1.5 MB in size. The LGUP for the D801 is 1.4 MB in size. I am comparing them both in a hexeditor as we speak and they are apples and oranges.

This is one of the things we need to determine...do we use the d800/d801 tot and the matching LGUP dll? Or do we use the d800/d801 tot with a d802 LGUP dll? That is the question. I've seen this work correctly to flash the d800/d801 tot but I'm not sure which specific dll was used. And the cases where that did work seem to be the best case scenario because the screen/touch issues did not exist on the d800/d801 firmware. It does, however force the need to root, install custom recovery and then a custom rom in order to update the OS because obviously, you are not actually an AT&T or T-Mobile customer so OTA's are not an option. But at least you have a functioning phone in that case.

But again, the people that are selling these devices clearly have some means to get the D802 firmware, or a certain portion of it, on these phones. Because until a partition gets messed up, you all are perfectly under the impression you're running a d802. So if they can do it, we should be able to replicate it somehow. That's the code we have not yet cracked so switching them to d800/d801 to match the internals has been the bail out option.

Upvote 0
The dll was 1.4mb in size.

N thanx for your contineous efforts.

Looks like file size may depend on the kdz it was taken from. I found another d802 LGUP which is only 1.4 MB. So anyway, I have them uploaded by model. I'm not yet sure if one must have a LGUP which matches the OS version the tot is installing but I'm hoping that's not the case.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7460142/LGUP_8974.DLL (All Variants).zip

So if you decide to try flashing a different kernel as your first effort that's up to you. If you want to retry flashing the d800/d801 tot, then I linked the LGUP dll's above.

I'd first try to pair a d800/d801 tot with the matching LGUP dll of the same model. And try doing it without the hexedit first. If that doesn't work (wrong model error), it'll have to be hexedited.

Upvote 0
20150114_020049.jpg
20150114_020155.jpg
That model says it's a d801/d803

but the board says d800.

Reactions: Abderahmane
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones