• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wthorjr

Sep 6, 2011
I am needing help again. Last night I was using my phone and than it went into reboot. Then it would just stay at the 1.1.1 android start up screen and would stop then start again. I tried to go into the recovery and fix it but I think I might have just made it worse :( and now I think it might be done for. The dalvik was on the sd and im not sure if the sd died or what happen. Can you all help me? Or do I just need to get a new phone?

Cricket Huawei Ascend M860 Root 1.1.1

The 1.1.1 is the stock OS cant remember what it is called other than that. Its the one with a black and green screen. I was going through the calender when it just went into reboot loop. I then went into the system and tried to clear the cache and dalvic to see if that would get rid of what was causing the error. But now it just goes to the Huawei screen and that is it. I can still get into the system using power volume up and the phone button. If that helps lol.

Upvote 0
If you have a backup, you should just be able to restore in CWM. If not, you can just flash whatever ROM you want in CWM. I would recommend starting with fresh downloads just to be safe. I suggest CM7 0913 build, simply because it's the latest and greatest, and has DT'sA2SD built in, as well as the GUI. And make sure you get the correct gapps too.

Upvote 0
Wrong key combo bud if its taking you to the green android update screen

Send key (all the way to the left) volume up and tap the power.

Also delteing your cache and dalvik wouldnt cause it to stick on the Huawei screen. You can delete dalvik and cache anytime you want it will just rebuild on reboot. (It actually frees up space when you do do it)

Oh and PS trust me the Ascend is unbrickable. I tried to brick it numerous ways more then once and it would never die.

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
Ok I will do the cm7 route where can I find it? Do you have a link and my comp wont read my SD with out format, should I format it?

if your sd card will not read by pulling down the notification bar and tap USB, than yes somehow your sd card got corrupted, and for cm7 make sure you partition your sd card in recovery to whatever i recommend 512 and swap is 32... CM7.2-Ascend-09122011-signed.zip , gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
O'k so just to make sure I am doing this right. After I down load the cm7 and the gaps I just transfer them to my SD right (do not extract in comp)? Then I put the SD into my phone and go into the CWM and extract there right?

No dont extract at all. Leave them both zipped. But yes put them on the root of your sd card reboot into recovery wipe and format every (format every EXCEPT the sd card) and then flash CM7 and then the Gapps then run fix permissions in "advance" and reboot.

Also you need the 3.0.0.5 or higher recovery. 3.0.0.5 can be found in rom manager

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones