1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked Dell Streak - Help please

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mookiepoops, May 19, 2011.

1. Mookiepoops

Mookiepoops Lurker

So I have a Dell streak 7. I successfully rooted the device and decided to try out some different ROMs. I installed clockwork mod and rom manager. I downloaded a few roms and gave it a shot. I did something wrong somewhere and the device is stuck in restore mode. I guess my backup didn't take because it tells me the restore directory is empty .I can't get it to reckognize the SD card I have. There is a ROM in a zip file on the device itself (in folder /sdcard2), whenever I try to install that one it stops 1/3 of the way through and tells me it "failed to verify whole-file signature" (I've tried to toggle signature verification to no avail).
    :thinking:

It currently will not boot into the Dell Stage OS.

I will try to use a different SD card in a bit, just want to see if anyone in here can help me out.

I know I'm new to your site but I'm no stranger to forums, please don't flame me.

Let me know any questions you might have,I'll answer them as soon as I can.

TIA
    -Mook

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Member243850

Member243850 Guest

Howzit buddy! :)

Welcome to the forums man ;)

Don't worry, it doesn't sound too bad.

Hmmm okay so you cannot boot the OS am I correct?

But you can get into the BIOS?

But I think it is called recovery for Android so can you boot into Recovery / boot loader mode basically?

Hmm I am not too fimiliar with the Dell Streak 7.

Damn hang on i will look into this for you buddy I need to research quickly! hahah :)

3. barqers

barqers Android Expert

I know this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask: did you try putting the dell streak into download mode, connecting it by usb and flashing a rom that way?

Check out this guide -> Dell Streak - The Complete Guide - ## Look here first!! ## - xda-developers

Member243850 likes this.
  4. Member243850

Member243850 Guest

5. Mookiepoops

Mookiepoops Lurker

"Signature verification failed" every time. I've managed to erase everything off of the device.