1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked Device....Stuck At MetroPCS Splash Screen (HELP)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rebelminded88, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

I changed the lcd density on my screen and then rebooted it and now its stuck. Please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

I just need a fresh nandroid backup I can install...it still goes to the built in recovery but when I wipe. . . I reboot the phone and then at the metro screen, it stays the metro screen. I will donate money if so.

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hey there rebelminded88!
    Sorry to hear of your issue:(

You said you wiped in recovery, but what did you wipe?

I'm not that familiar with your device there rebel, but are you able to flash a rom via recovery?
    Like I said, I don't know the root process or the correct process to flash a rom, but if you had access to a rom, could it be flashed via recovery?

4. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

factory reset because theres a built in recovery for this phone. But if I can get my hands on a fresh backup of someones fierce device like mine, I can start figuring out to make it into a stock rom in case of these situations.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I searched around for some roms, and it doesn't look like there are any yet.
    I also was looking for some sort of way to install some firmware with a program akin to ODIN for Samsung, but have not found that yet either...perhaps it's too new yet ;)

Unless someone else who is more familiar with the device comes along, I don't know what to do except bring it to the store and perhaps they can do something.:)

6. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

I have insurance and I just came from metro earlier. I have 4 days to figure out this out. And since it's brand new phone, no charge.

7. timmyh318

timmyh318 Android Enthusiast

Seeing as there is no custom recovery there is no was to flash a backup. Take it back is the best option.

8. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

got my replacement, I just wish I had another to test this idea someone has for a recovery

9. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Hey Im in the same situation, did they replace it for free? Have to wait till tomorrow.
    if so, what did you tell them?

Unfortunately, we don't have a custom recovery and the Alcatel upgrade software doesn't support our device yet.
    However they have gotten a custom recovery to work on our sister phone, the snap.
    I'll be willing to test anything till i get a replacement.

Only way i can see it getting fixed right now, is if Alcatel supports our phone model, gives us an official factory image which we can flash via stock recovery. or if someone can get the custom recovery to work on our phone. I'll be trying right now.

10. rebelminded88

rebelminded88 Member

I have a backup that someone email me from their alcatel....I can give you the link. But they sent it to me after the replacement

bisonmison likes this.
  11. bisonmison

bisonmison Newbie

Can you send me the link please rebelminded88?

12. timmyh318

timmyh318 Android Enthusiast

The phone has a locked bootloader. No custom recovery.

13. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

Even with a backup you get an error after installing it, we'll just have to wait for someone to unlock the bootloader and port a custom recovery and ROM :/

Alcatel OneTouch Fierce Forum

The Alcatel OneTouch Fierce release date was October 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, MT6589 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2013
Release Date
Reviews