1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bricked Epic 4G - Help?? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amberb53, Oct 25, 2011.

1. amberb53

amberb53 Member
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    I posted this over on XDA since that's where I got the info but figured someone here could probably help me as well...I'm totally new to the whole rooting thing. I successfully installed CWM on my phone a few months ago, wasn't quite ready to make the leap to flashing a rom...until about a week ago. I flashed the latest syndicate frozen rom with twilight kernal. Everything was working fine, except today I tried the wifi tether app that came preloaded. Would not work with my laptop, so I tried a few other old apks, it worked then the laptop shut down. Not sure why. Then my phone started force closing all over the place, everything i tried to do. Quickly tried a reboot, everything on my launcher was gone, back to the original. Tried booting into cwm, wipe all the things to wipe (LOL), wouldn't even boot, just kept going back to the ACS logo. Decided to try ODIN3. Followed the steps on here to a T. Downloaded the EC05 tar, and checked all 3 boxes (because that's what the instructions said to do), re-partition, auto-reboot, and f reset time. Hit start, I took about 10 seconds, said success 1/failed 0 and phone shut down. I put battery back in...NOTHING. It does nothing. Dead. How screwed am I?

Advertisement

2. jaysmi32

jaysmi32 Member
    None

May 24, 2010
    RVT
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    only have auto-reboot checked, the other 2 are a no no! hope this helps!

3. pwabbit

pwabbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    Is your phone the "Epic 4g" or the "Epic 4g Touch"?