• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked htc evo view 4g (htc flyer)

Medkid

Lurker
Dec 3, 2011
Hi,
I'm stuck in this situation with my htc evo view 4g device. I think it's a kind of soft brick, It still boots in to fastboot mode,and I could see that it's s-on, hboot is 1.13.

6439855167_78cdba105d_m.jpg

everytime I try to reboot, or enter recovery, or factory reset it just hangs at this screen:
6439817635_0e03f47bfb_m.jpg

I try to flash this stock rom
RUU_Express_Sprint_WWE_1.22.651.1_Radio_1.05.11.0531_NV_2.28_SPCS_release_198141_signed
(via both RUU on my pc and goldcard with PG41IMG.zip), it was flashed flawlessly, but when finished it hangs in that "htc" screen.
I tried to s-off by revolutionary but I can not access the android working screen so that can not enable usb debugging mode, on the pc it just shows
waiting for device ....
I tried to unlock the bootloader via htcdev (I know my view 4g isn't in the supported list yet, but at least fastboot should read its info, but I was wrong). At step 8, it shows:
C:\Android>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

Can some one please help me with this ? :(
Thanks a lot,
Medkid

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones