1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support bricked htc m8 sprint

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mounaashihuh, Sep 18, 2016.

1. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    Last night i bricked my htc m8.my phone is s-off nd locked bootloader and phone have recovery img is 2.7.1.0 help me how to relive phone

Advertisement

2. pm5544

pm5544 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2013
    Male
    n/a
    Scotland
    Were you trying to root?

3. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    My phone is rooted ....and its stuck on htc green logo when i start up

#3 mounaashihuh, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  4. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    My phone is rooted ...its stuck on a green htc logo....and in recvery its showing all the options but in recovery its also shows no os installed

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    So what did you actually do to it? Did you perchance wipe the system partition, since that would remove the ROM?

If you have a custom recovery (you don't say what recovery you have, just a version number) did you take a backup using it before whatever you did? If so, restore the backup and you are sorted. If not, download a custom ROM of your choice, stick it on the SD card, back up your data if you still have any, factory reset (just /data and /cache partitions need wiping) and install the ROM from recovery.

If you don't have a custom recovery, find the current version of TWRP for your phone and use fastboot to install it (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - where "recovery.img" should be replaced by the name of your actual recovery image file). Then you can install a custom ROM as above. It is of course important to make sure any software you wish to install (ROM or recovery) is compatible with the Sprint M8 before proceeding.

If all else fails, you need to find a compatible HTC ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), which will reflash the phone completely.

Sorry to not be more specific, but as I don't own an M8 I'm not up to date with ROMs, recoveries etc for this phone, and especially for the Sprint version (since we don't have CDMA networks in Europe, so will never encounter that model).

scary alien likes this.
  6. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    Latest RUU for sprint model shwoing error ...that 'this RUU cant update ur phone..even i have downlaod the right RUU from htc official site...what should i do now ? Anyone plzzz help me

7. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The RUU has to be newer (or no older) than the firmware on your phone, but I'd have thought that being S-Off that protection would be bypassed.

Can you tell us exactly what you did to get into this state? If we know that it will be easier to figure out what the options are.

Also can you tell us which RUU (exactly, rather than saying "the latest" and hope that we find the same one you did) and provide the current software information for your phone? Use the command "fastboot getvar all" and post the output here (with serial number, MEID, IMEI removed), that should give us the information we need to determine whether your RUU should be compatible. Since the phone is S-Off I assume you have fastboot set up.

scary alien likes this.
  8. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    This RUU is RUU_M8_WHL_M60_SENSE70_SPCS_MR_SPRINT_WWE_6.20.651.3

9. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    For RUU udgradtion...is it necessory to relock booltloader in htc m8 sprint??

10. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Yes, the bootloader needs to be locked for the RUU to run. I didn't mention that because your first post said your bootloader was locked.

scary alien likes this.
  11. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    I said relock not locked........and current situation is that my bootloader is locked not relocked....is it nessary to relock it ??

12. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    See the pic ...below ...and tell me that ....am i downloaded the right RUU??

Attached Files:

13. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I would have thought that my previous post had made it clear that "locked" was fine. I'm not even sure they still have a "relocked" state - I've not seen that for years. But if you think about it, the phones are sold with locked bootloaders, and the RUU has to work on unmodified phones, so it must be able to work with the bootloader locked.

Your photo is so fuzzy that it's hard to read, but I think that says hboot version 3.16.something. That's rather old, so the RUU should be able to run on that provided the CID number is OK - which it should be if this is an actual Sprint phone and nobody has messed with it. However as you are S-Off it is possible to change the cidnum, so I cannot be certain. That's why I suggested "fastboot getvar all", because it would tell us everything we could possibly want to check in one go.

So if you run the RUU what is the exact message, in full, including the error code number?

And if the purpose is just to get it running, have you considered any of the other options? And I notice that you still haven't said what you did to get it in this state - I don't ask any of these things for fun, it's because the information may be useful in fixing your device.

14. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF
    My cid no is 11111111 and hboot is 3.16.0.0000 .......and the Ruu error is this 'this RUU file cant update ur device

15. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    I am not sure about my phone being a Harmon Kardon device or a NoN harmon kardon device........actually There was two RUU file on htc official website one or Regular Htc m8 sprint and another for Htc m8 sprint HK. can u help me to determine the HK and Non HK of this device

16. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    And thanks for giving ur valuable time ....keep helping me...

17. James L

James L Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Hadron likes this.
  18. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    RUU errors normally include a numerical code too - that can help understand in more detail what the problem is.

Your cidnum is fine: it's been modified to "super cid", i.e. it should allow you to run an RUU intended for any cid. Did you do this yourself, or did you buy the phone second-hand with these modifications already made? I'm just thinking that the phone seems to have had some significant mods made, but you don't sound like the person who would have done that.

The HK edition has a black shell and gold coloured speaker grilles. Other colours will be the regular M8.

19. mounaashihuh

mounaashihuh Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    The error is 'Error (155) :Unknown error
    This RuU cant update ur device
    Plzzz get the right RUU and try again.

And my phone is whole gold colour..is it a regular m8??