• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked HTC One M8 - Help ASAP =(

@scotty85 I'm good with sending you the phone. Let me know the next steps. I'm guessing you will want to send me a message to my inbox here. This is my first time on this site (as of Friday) but I see my inbox up top so if you message me there I'll notice. Otherwise I am on Twitter and Facebook and can share those with you if you prefer. I'll wait to hear back from you. Thanks!

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
@scotty85 I'm good with sending you the phone. Let me know the next steps. I'm guessing you will want to send me a message to my inbox here. This is my first time on this site (as of Friday) but I see my inbox up top so if you message me there I'll notice. Otherwise I am on Twitter and Facebook and can share those with you if you prefer. I'll wait to hear back from you. Thanks!
Just sent you a pm with my address :)

Upvote 0
So... I guess this is the epilogue. @scotty85 had the phone a while, but it wouldn't cooperate with him either. So I called HTC and sent it in for a repair quote. They want $290 to repair my HTC One M8. Needs a new motherboard they say. It's coming back to me unrepaired.

Looks like an LG G4 next go round. I'm not crazy about no removable battery in the Samsung S6 and HTC One. And, of course, I can never buy another HTC, since this one crapped out after 16 months. The LG looks to meet my expectations. I may try to hold out until my upgrade date in November to get the new phone, though I might let AT&T do a sales job with me. It's gotten a lot more difficult to compare phone/service plan bundled pricing with the different AT&T Next plans and contract plans.

If anyone has any horror stories about the LG G4, I'd love to know now. I would like to thank @scotty85 and @EarlyMon for their help to me in trying to get the older phone working.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones