1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked HTC One M8 - Help ASAP =(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ExothermOfficial, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Rich C

Rich C Newbie

@scotty85 I'm good with sending you the phone. Let me know the next steps. I'm guessing you will want to send me a message to my inbox here. This is my first time on this site (as of Friday) but I see my inbox up top so if you message me there I'll notice. Otherwise I am on Twitter and Facebook and can share those with you if you prefer. I'll wait to hear back from you. Thanks!

scotty85 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Just sent you a pm with my address :)

3. Rich C

Rich C Newbie

So... I guess this is the epilogue. @scotty85 had the phone a while, but it wouldn't cooperate with him either. So I called HTC and sent it in for a repair quote. They want $290 to repair my HTC One M8. Needs a new motherboard they say. It's coming back to me unrepaired.

Looks like an LG G4 next go round. I'm not crazy about no removable battery in the Samsung S6 and HTC One. And, of course, I can never buy another HTC, since this one crapped out after 16 months. The LG looks to meet my expectations. I may try to hold out until my upgrade date in November to get the new phone, though I might let AT&T do a sales job with me. It's gotten a lot more difficult to compare phone/service plan bundled pricing with the different AT&T Next plans and contract plans.

If anyone has any horror stories about the LG G4, I'd love to know now. I would like to thank @scotty85 and @EarlyMon for their help to me in trying to get the older phone working.

EarlyMon likes this.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews