1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bricked HTC One V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Annexx, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Annexx

Annexx Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2013
    Male
    I was new to rooting HTC phones, I had a droid when they first came out and I flashed custom roms almost daily. Anyways I unlocked the bootloader and installed CWM. I swear I made a nandriod backup but it was not there when I tried to go back. I accidentally flashed a GSM rom on my CDMA phone not paying attention. So I am trying to save it. From my understanding I need to relock the bootloader, flash the recovery-signed.img, then let the ruu do its thing. I think the phone has enough battery life to do all this. My questions are am I correct with what I need to do and in that order? Also I havent been able to find the recovery img or an RUU that I need. The phone was upated to the newest OTA updates before it was rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Welcome to Android Forums, Annexx....

I have moved this thread into the 'all things root' portion of this forum in hopes that you can get the help you need to get your phone back on track.:)

3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2012
    Male
    Greenville,SC USA
    Ok you do not need to ruu or any of that. You just need to flash a working cdma rom and its accompanying boot kernel (boot.img). There are a number that work with the new OTA updated devices. The three I have posted do when using the attached boot.img for the rom. And also there are others on the xda htc one v forums. Try installing a cdma rom before you go through the trouble of installing the ruu etc.

I would also suggest changing your recovery app to TWRP instead of CWM. It seems to me that it works better.

Tags: