• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked Lenovo Tab M10-X505X

itsmedude

Lurker
Nov 16, 2021
Hi,
Few weeks ago, I tried rooting my Lenovo Tab M10-X505X unofficially(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-tb-x505x-rooting-lenovo-tab-m10-tb-x505x.4171351/ by flashing patched_boot.img via fastboot), but unfortunately I got stuck in a Boot loop.

Then I tried flashing unofficial TWRP Recovery and flashed it correctly(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unofficial-recovery-x505x-twrp-for-lenovo-tab-m10-x505x.4189811/).

Then tried fixing the problem by wiping all the root folders( I’m so sorry, I know I shouldn’t have done this. But trust me, I was new to rooting at that time.).
Then it just showed Lenovo logo and restarted continuously until I go in recovery and shut it down from there.

Now you can guess why I’m suffering from boot loops.

I tried flashing a unofficial custom ROM (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...top-style-tb-x505x-lenovo-tab-m10-hd.4306713/).
Now when I tried turning it on, it showed Lenovo logo and nothing else.

Again I wiped everything as installing that rom didn’t do anything.

I did everything unofficially because no official files from trusted companies like TWRP, Pixel Experience, Lineage OS were available for this device.

Please please please help me fixing my tab.

well you should have made a nandroid backup in twrp before you did all this. if you do not know, a nandroid backup is a complete backup of your phone. its kind of like a save point in a video game. if you mess up or die you can always jump back in to the last save point......same thing with nandroid backups.....you mess up, you can always restore back so long as you can get into recovery.

as long as you can get into twrp, all is not lost. when you flashed the rom, what did you wipe?

Upvote 0
Thanks for giving a reply to my first post/thread ever!
I’m really sorry because I got to know about nandroid after I wiped all folders(data, vendor, boot, internal storage, etc.) after the boot looping problem.
Now, there’s nothing in the device except the TWRP.

Can’t I find the nandroid backup of this device on internet which was made by someone else?

Upvote 0
I’m really sorry because I got to know about nandroid after I wiped all folders(data, vendor, boot, internal storage, etc.) after the boot looping problem.

Can’t I find the nandroid backup of this device on internet which was made by someone else
?

Well if you're very lucky, and someone reading your post has their nandroid for this device, perhaps they could share it somewhere possibly. If you're very, very lucky that is.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Can’t I find the nandroid backup of this device on internet which was made by someone else?
it would have to be a nandroid backup of exactly the same model as your device now. also anybody who gives you a nandroid backup has to be careful because all of your personal data will be in the nandroid backup.

if you have twrp just wipe accordingly and flash a custom rom.

Reactions: itsmedude
Upvote 0
Hi,
Luckily I have the same device which is all fine and nothing techie has done with that yet.
Please now tell me now what to do in my device and the other one with steps.
And please give me a correct twrp recovery for that other device also.
I don’t wanna lose that device also by doing any mess otherwise I would be left with two wasted devices.

So please try to tell me non-risky steps for the other device.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
see this is the thing, i don't have your device. i',m just using my many years rooting other devices. the main thing before doing anything, especially rooting, is to do your research first. learn the steps way ahead of time so that if something goes wrong, you can troubleshoot.

like i said before just wipe and flash another rom. you know where to go for them....xda

and unofficial roms are ok. they are just roms that the developer created using, for example Ressurection, as their base for their rom. same goes for the twrp recovery as well.

just do a factory reset wipe in twrp and flash the rom again.

Upvote 0
Last Question,
Should I root it, if yes, how?

Thanks, ocnbrze.
I learned about Nandroid from you!
I appreciate your work for others!
that's up to you. but you really need to read first before heading into it. do the research. xda is your best resource. and you have us for questions.

you have the link to the guide on how to root it in your op.....its the first link.

Upvote 0
@ocnbrze well qualcomm devices can be rescued by using a protocol sahara
I even rescued my tab by this the one i am typing from!!!!
I am even hardbricked but managed to rescue my tab
If he wishes i can provide steps
If he boot up to recovery the steps becomes 90% essy
this thread was started last year so any issue by now has most likely been resolved.

Reactions: Pro harshini
Upvote 0
Hi,
Luckily I have the same device which is all fine and nothing techie has done with that yet.
Please now tell me now what to do in my device and the other one with steps.
And please give me a correct twrp recovery for that other device also.
I don’t wanna lose that device also by doing any mess otherwise I would be left with two wasted devices.

So please try to tell me non-risky steps for the other device.
Thanks!
can you provide me the nandroid backup file for the same device it might unbrick mine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones