1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bricked my Evo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XikkeN, Mar 9, 2011.

1. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I flashed Warm Z a few minutes ago. Then I flashed over Swype and the Gingerbread launcher that I used in Warm RLS5.

When the phone rebooted I was in a FC loop saying that Sense unexpectedly quit. I pulled the battery and tried to enter recovery. My phone vibrated 3 times and nothing happened. I tried this three more times with no results. (I held those buttons down for like 2 minutes each time)

I have it plugged in now, but the charging light doesn't come on, and the phone remains unresponsive. (Beyond the 3 vibrations)

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    1) Have you tried taking the battery out for a minute, then putting it back in?
    2) How did you try to get to recovery? You need to turn the phone on while pressing and holding the volume down button to get to hboot, then select recovery from the menu.

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Try the rooting sections here too.

4. k2buckley

k2buckley Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Vibrate 3 times then no response indicates that it's gone into diagnostic mode. Take the battery out for a good length of time, about an hour or so, then put it back in and see if you get a charging light. When you tried to enter the bootloader, did you hold power and volume up by accident? that will put you into diagnostic mode. It's gotta be volume down and power to get to the bootloader. The reason the things you flashed didn't work on Warm Z is because warm Z is (a) based off of sense 2.0 (b) based off of a completely different ROM all together (desire z). Mods for RLS 5 wont work on Warm Z. Once you get to bootloader, see if you still have recovery, and then you can reflash the rom or restore a nandroid. Good luck.

Tags: