• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked my Evo?

XikkeN

Aug 4, 2010
I flashed Warm Z a few minutes ago. Then I flashed over Swype and the Gingerbread launcher that I used in Warm RLS5.

When the phone rebooted I was in a FC loop saying that Sense unexpectedly quit. I pulled the battery and tried to enter recovery. My phone vibrated 3 times and nothing happened. I tried this three more times with no results. (I held those buttons down for like 2 minutes each time)

I have it plugged in now, but the charging light doesn't come on, and the phone remains unresponsive. (Beyond the 3 vibrations)

I flashed Warm Z a few minutes ago. Then I flashed over Swype and the Gingerbread launcher that I used in Warm RLS5.

When the phone rebooted I was in a FC loop saying that Sense unexpectedly quit. I pulled the battery and tried to enter recovery. My phone vibrated 3 times and nothing happened. I tried this three more times with no results. (I held those buttons down for like 2 minutes each time)

I have it plugged in now, but the charging light doesn't come on, and the phone remains unresponsive. (Beyond the 3 vibrations)

Vibrate 3 times then no response indicates that it's gone into diagnostic mode. Take the battery out for a good length of time, about an hour or so, then put it back in and see if you get a charging light. When you tried to enter the bootloader, did you hold power and volume up by accident? that will put you into diagnostic mode. It's gotta be volume down and power to get to the bootloader. The reason the things you flashed didn't work on Warm Z is because warm Z is (a) based off of sense 2.0 (b) based off of a completely different ROM all together (desire z). Mods for RLS 5 wont work on Warm Z. Once you get to bootloader, see if you still have recovery, and then you can reflash the rom or restore a nandroid. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones