1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked my friend's Inc2, PLESE HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arc07693, Apr 14, 2012.

1. arc07693

arc07693 Lurker

My friend asked me to root his Incredible 2. Having a Nexus S 4G and rooting many times before, I agreed.

I used the HTC bootloader unlocker, and flashed ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.0) and attempted to flash an AOKP ROM to it.

It didn't work. No matter what ROM I flash, it gets stuck at the HTC boot screen. Here is the bootloader info, if needed.

VIVO_W XB SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-0.98.0000
    RADIO-1.09.01.1111
    eMMC-boot
    Jul 18 2011, 12:39:36

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT#1: Absolutely NONE of the RUU's I have tried have worked.

EDIT#2: We figured it out! Mods, you can close/delete this thread now

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Superbad

Superbad Newbie

You might try flashing a different recovery. I had the same issue with my wife's Dinc2 hanging at the HTC screen and as soon as I switched from CWM to Ext4 it worked like a charm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

3. Superbad

Superbad Newbie

Oops...didn't see your edit. Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

4. Just for reference, could you post what you did to resolve the issue?

Thanks

bberryhill0 likes this.
  5. arc07693

arc07693 Lurker

I wiped the phone and flashed the ROM as normal, and then went back into fastboot and flashed the boot.img extracted from the ROM ZIP.

His phone is now running Codename Android 1.6.0 without any problems. :)

6. hackweed

hackweed Newbie

I have the same problem as the original poster, except In have yet to fix it... This is my daily phone and I can't get it past the white htc screen now. I attempted to install the unofficial CM9 build on xda that had the camcorder fixed. I now have a phone that is stuck on the htc screen with 2 different RUUs,m both of my nandroid backups and the ICS version I tried to install. I am going crazy here, any suggestions?

7. Superbad

Superbad Newbie

What recovery are you using?

8. hackweed

hackweed Newbie

I was using clockwork 5.0.2.0, but after reading this post I flashed 4EXT recovery and was at least able to restore my backup. I tried again to flash the ICS Rom but still couldn't get past the white HTC Screen. At least my phone is back up and running, but I would still like to know what i need to do to flash a rom on this device. Could it be because I still have S-ON because of my method of rooting through the HTC Bootloader Unlocker tool? I have just never had a problem flashing a rom after wiping data, cache and system before, I have at least been able to get to the boot animation.

9. Superbad

Superbad Newbie

Check out his note about trouble flashing. This is what worked for me when other versions of CWM and 4EXT failed.

10. hackweed

hackweed Newbie

Just tried re installing the rom and flashing boot.img after installation.... still stuck on white screen. And thoroughly perplexed.

11. Superbad

Superbad Newbie

Forgot to link the post I was referring to. Try the specific recovery Aeroevan links to...

[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for vivow (2012-04-16) - xda-developers

12. hackweed

hackweed Newbie

Bam! That recovery plus flashing the boot.img through fastboot was the ticket. Thank you everybody, Ice cream sandwich never tasted so good!

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews