1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bricked Note 4 After Wiping

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by iwanttochangemyname, May 12, 2016.

1. iwanttochangemyname

None

May 12, 2016
    I am going to try and be as thorough as possible so this may be a bit lengthy. I have a Note 4 that I am preparing for sale. I rooted the device when I first got it last year but I cannot remember the rooting process I used. Once rooted, I froze all updates and OTA notifications.

I backed up all of my data before initiating the wiping process. When the phone attempted to restart, I saw a flickering green android logo on the screen with the words "installing system updates" underneath of it. This would appear for about a fraction of a second, disappear for about five seconds, and then reappear for about a fraction of a second. The phone is now in a continuous loop.

As a test, I tried to enter Recovery mode (Volume Up, Power, Home) but that got me to the same place. I then entered Download mode (Volume Down, Power, Home) and received a warning message referencing, "A custom OS can cause critical problems..." There are two options, Volume Up to Continue and Volume Down to Cancel. Volume Down takes me back to Recovery mode and the green Android logo. Volume Up takes me to a page with red, white, blue, and grey writing on it in the upper left hand corner of the screen. In the center is a larger Android logo with the words, "Downloading...Do not turn off target!!" I believe this may be my only option to fix the phone but I am not sure what to do from here. I saw something about ODIN in another Google search but I lost it and I have no idea what exactly I would need to do with ODIN anyway.

Basically, I need to be able to get this phone back to its original state so I can sell it. For your reference, here is what is writing in the Download screen:

ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910P
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    CURRENT STATUS: Custom
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (4)
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
    RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
    SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
    UDC START

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Maybe start by reading this article. You need to flash a stock ROM using Odin from a PC. I don't think you can reset the Knox counter, so it will never be completely "as new"

http://galaxynote4root.com/galaxy-note-4-root/how-to-unroot-galaxy-note-4-with-stock-firmware/

The are lots of articles on this available, but the exact procedure depends on what you have installed on the phone. Is there a custom recovery? How was it rooted? What wiping process did you initiate?

El Presidente likes this.
  3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
  4. iwanttochangemyname

None

May 12, 2016
    Thank you very much for your assistance on this. I posted this on a few other sites and someone else gave me the same link. I downloaded Odin and the firmware and followed the steps (extract firmware from .zip file, open Odin, click AP and point Odin to the firmware, place phone in Download mode, connect phone to computer). When I connect the phone to the computer, according to the video, Odin should show "Added" in the log when the phone is connected to the computer. Nothing happened for me. I disconnected and reconnected several times. I restarted the device and I even switch the cable. Thoughts?

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    iwanttochangemyname likes this.
  6. iwanttochangemyname

None

May 12, 2016
    I got it to work. The video shows that the phone should be connected after running Odin. I was able to get it to work by connecting the phone first and then running Odin.

AZgl1500, KOLIO, girolez and 2 others like this.
  7. Bhanu Tez Ryuga

None

Dec 15, 2016
    I have the same problem but found my twrp recovery mode is working fine on my handset that is samsung galaxy J1 (SM-J100H). I tried installing aoscp mod, cyanogen mod, speedrom etc but get an error at the start itself and exits the process. I also tried to install using odin but it is not recognising the rom files- i do not know why. As a last resort I also tried to flash an os using heimdall but it is not recogninzing my phone in download mode. What is the best solution? and i have samsung drivers installed on my computer.... Much help needed...

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Are you trying to install a custom rom or flash back to stock?