• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bricked phone build.prop missing

cruelink

Lurker
Jul 4, 2012
Hi to all here. i just want to ask anyone what to do with my phone. well first of all, my phone is a sky pantech vega racer im-a760s, not really a match for samsungs popularity but budget wise this is the model for me. it has a dual core. now my problem starts when i started editing the build.prop in its system. of course i know what to do and how to do it, but the only thing i didn't think that would happen was, i copied it in my computer, i edit it there then i saved it as all in file type so it wont become a .txt format. but when i placed it in my phone. the file just went missing, i think it was only hidden and the phone just cant identify it nor read it like something. now i restarted the phone, it booted on logo then it just went blank and it just stops there. i tried pushing recovery with adb in my pc cmd. but it cannot detect my device, i also tried putting sd card with recovery but it also cant see the card. but the phone can still function well, i know because it can still be loaded under flashboot, download screen and s/w upgrade menu. anyone please help me how to make my phone be detected by my pc. The usb drivers are just fine, updated it many times read all procedure for making the driver connect perfectly. i reformatted the sd so it wont be a problem when i put it. but in the recovery menu i just cant see my sd card. what a mess. i cant make my phone reflashed cause its not responding with the connection with my pc. but when i am opening an odin there are two yellow boxes with com port like these: 0:[com7] and 0:[com9], so i know it still somehow communicating with my pc. please help any advice, i dont want to resort to jtag for im not sure if it will support my phone and it's already avialable in the philippines and will definitely not going to send my phone for it will be costly. thanks to all who will respond.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones