• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked phone by LG Software Update

Esteemed

Lurker
Jan 13, 2012
Okay, here goes: I want to start off saying my phone is not rooted. I went to the LG website, and downloaded the LG mobile tool. I have the Esteem so the USB drivers are already correct. I then installed the update LG told me to. The update stoppped in the middle and then my computer had to rebooted. My screen is now stuck on Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable. I tried to boot into recovery mode, fail, hard reset, fail, and I tried to redo the software update. Unfortunately, now it says that the model of phone cannot be updated using this tool. Contact support. Now, they will fix in like 14 days, and I dont have that kind of time. But I have patience and I used to hack a couple years back, so I need help here. Things I have:

LGNPST
V910.dll
MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003.tot
ms910.dll (1) (1).zip

Let me know what to do from here.

Esteemed

Okay, here goes: I want to start off saying my phone is not rooted. I went to the LG website, and downloaded the LG mobile tool. I have the Esteem so the USB drivers are already correct. I then installed the update LG told me to. The update stoppped in the middle and then my computer had to rebooted. My screen is now stuck on Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable. I tried to boot into recovery mode, fail, hard reset, fail, and I tried to redo the software update. Unfortunately, now it says that the model of phone cannot be updated using this tool. Contact support. Now, they will fix in like 14 days, and I dont have that kind of time. But I have patience and I used to hack a couple years back, so I need help here. Things I have:

LGNPST
V910.dll
ms910.dll (1) (1).zip

Esteemed

so the lg tool its not letting u update

Upvote 0

LGNPST
V910.dll
ms910.dll (1) (1).zip

Esteemed
FWIW if your talking about "support" as in metropcs' support, you might as well as double that waiting time. As well I would demand a temporary replacement. I had a temporary replacement for 28 days until I found the right person on facebook who took care of me.
If I were you I would try and fix it yourself.

Upvote 0
you can get it mostly working with LGNPST and the ZVB tot and vs910.dll (ms910.dll will not work as its fake), but it will most likely leave you stuck in testmode.

You will need to use the lab version of LGNPST too, Store version wont do it. I just updated the guide on my wiki for this. ;)

i kinda brick my phone im trying to fix it by doin this... bt for some reason it wont let me change to the upgrade tap its on emeegency... any help? i brick it by downgrading i was on c... i had try it... everything was goin good until it finish phone rebooted and then it wnt pass lg screen.. and now lgnpst wnt let me change to upgrade.. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones