1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked phone, need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sadams1, Apr 10, 2012.

1. sadams1

sadams1 Lurker

Im going to be honest, this was the first time i have unlocked, rooted, etc. Anyways, I was going to update my galaxy nexus to 4.0.4 through ODIN. It seemed like everything was going well but the process failed. My nexus is now stuck on a screen that has a phone, a yellow triangle, and then a monitor. No idea what to do. I have all of the drivers installed on my laptop, but when i plug my phone in it does recognize it as my nexus device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I need to get my phone working as soon as possible.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sadams1

sadams1 Lurker

Someone please help

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmmm, I would probably pull the battery at this point. If the phone isn't being recognized and you're stuck anyway, I'd be interested to see if it'll boot normally or if not, can you can get into recovery. And to see what recovery you even have at this point. So if it fails to boot, with phone powered off and battery replaced, hold both volume buttons and the power button all at the same time. Does that get you to the bootloader? How about recovery from there?

4. big_mike

big_mike Android Enthusiast

happened to me do you have version 1.85 of odin and do you have a propper version of 4.0.4

odin 1.85 here [ODIN] ICL53F (no wipe, no recovery, no bootloaders) - xda-developers

the 4.0.4 version i used here Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code

i had the same thing on my screen and it all worked fine the second time round.. i tried for a total of 8 hours doing different things but this worked with the latest odin.

make sure you load via the pda Make sure in the ODIN program "Re-Partition", "Phone EFS Clear", and "Phone Bootloader Update" are NOT checked.

hope that works. im a total novice but worked a dream.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews