• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bricked phone sigh...

muerte420

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
okay, i was running serendipity 6.4 my swipe stopped working, so i tried doing the whole swipe beta, and replacing on my phone. well then i saw that serendipityVII was out. well i downloaded that and i thought i ran through everything that it said to do i just ended up copying it to my phone and using CWM to update it. well after it rebooted it going to the ATT world phone screen, and then the top half of the phone goes black and everything gets scrambled, then a voice starts saying...."convert data partition, restore operation" and it jsut reboots and does that over and over. So if i hold the
vol up + power a screen comes up that says "power reset or unknown upload mode" if i press it down and power it just boots and does all that weird crap and starts speaking to me :) and if i press both vol keys in with power it says "Forced upload by key pressing on the screen" i can get to Download screen by putting the battery in and plugging in the usb cable that came with my phone im using that odin3 one click restore and if i start up the program with the phone already in the USB i cant get a com port but if i unplug it and plug it back in i do it says ADDED! then file anaylsys it just stays there. im guessing there is absolutly no hope at all. but any would be appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones