• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bricked phone

corolla90

Nov 20, 2010
i really need some help, i tired updating the rom and it when throught two steps in odin and the third one where it says system downloading it froze there and i had to shut down my computer, now the only screen i get when i power it up is a phone ! and a computer and a white line at the bottom of the screen, when i try to reflash obin show the phone is conected and start but that it it doent do anything. is there any i can do or am i stuck with 100 dollar papper weight?

ok that sounds good, all u need it the phone? its charged, the other thing i was wondering is could it be a bad usb cord? i got go the cord from my dad it went to another phone it a cheap looking one cuz when i plugged the phone to the computer with it to transfer stuff to the memory card it went nuts when i clicked on the memory card i havent even gotten to use the phone yet :( cuz im waiting for unlock code to use it with att, but ill pm you thanx

Upvote 0
Well, honestly you & corolla90 did something totally different than the other. I think his was just a cable issue. It could be the same for both, just became a problem @ different times of the flashing. It's hard to say without looking @ the file system which I didn't really have time to look @ due to my brother being a dumb ass (long story, he lives several states away).

Tracking # has been Pm'd.

Anyone else need help with their phone while I'm on a roll?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones