1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Bricked Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ralphtrent, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Hello
    I have installed the new update from motorola and root with superoneclick. that worked, but when I went to put the new gingerbread keyboard on my phone using the info at D-L.com, my phone will not get past the M screen. I can not boot in to recovery because I think the new update does not allow you to. I needed to manually reinstall clockworkmod reovery each time. NOW my phone will not boot. RDL lite does not help either.

What am I to do? Im sure there HAS to be a way to fix this.

PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

2. ralphtrent

Mar 8, 2010
    Here is an update. I am using a FRG22 2.2 (but remember i have the FRG83 update, i grabbing at staws I think) SBF file. When I run RSDLite, it says 100%, please manually power up this phone. It will not turn on when I manually power it up, it just stays at the M. I have also held down * and # and power. that brings me to the SPFrecovery console, but I do not thing that is helping me at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    Have you tried to power up while holding the X button?

4. ralphtrent

Mar 8, 2010
    Yes that just shows the ! in the yellow square.

5. ralphtrent

Mar 8, 2010
    The sad thing is I have backup of my phone before I did this, I just have no way of restoring since it was made with ClockWork

6. ralphtrent

Mar 8, 2010
    I think I am back in progress. Now since I have been at this for a while, I have read many forums where people have encountered the same issue, got it resolved, but never said what they did, I refuse to be one of those people :). here is what I did.

I have already installed RDSLite 4.6 and the Motorola drivers.
    I then found an FRG22D SBF file (Size is 146,788 KB [http://rescue.macleod-web.net/, click on the SBF folder and then you will see the file, FRG22D.sbf])
    I used this file as my SBF file in RSD Lite and I successfully got my phone back.