1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root bricked phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ddc1981, May 1, 2012.

1. ddc1981

ddc1981 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    bricked my lg optimus v how do i fix it?

Advertisement

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Can you give more info, is it rooted? What rom? What is it doing? How did you brick it?

3. andrewnelson23

andrewnelson23 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2012
    'Bricked' is a very vague term. Do you have recovery? (Press the sound down, home and power buttons until LG splash comes on and then release). If that works, its a simple matter of downloading a rom and flashing it.
    If that doesn't work, then the process to fix it may very likely be very complicated. I've done it actually, so if the recovery doesn't work, no worries. Btw are you rooted?

4. Tyler01

Tyler01 Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Im in the same boat and need someones help. When I turn mine on it loads straight into Recovery mode

5. andrewnelson23

andrewnelson23 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2012
    To find out if you have a recovery, when the phone is off, press volume down, home and power buttons until the lg splash comes on and brings you to a recovery screen. If you have recovery, follow these steps: (if you don't have a recovery, see below)
    download a new rom (like the latest BACKside IHO) onto your computer. This will be a .zip file. Then, use adb push to push the .zip onto your phone. you must have adb installed on your computer. (google adb, it's the first link, you'll probably have to download it.)
    when you go to push the .zip onto your phone, put the .zip into the same folder as the adb command is in. Copy the address of the folder that they are both in. Next, open command prompt. type exactly as i say, replacing FOLDER with the folder that you copied and then ROM with the name of the rom that you downloaded.

cd FOLDER
    adb push /ROM.zip /sdcard

This should put the rom onto your sd card. After this, go into your recovery. Wipe data/factory reset. wipe cache. wipe dalvik. (this might be in the advanced folder). Then reboot system into recovery Then click install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>the name of the new rom. it should work.

If you do not have recovery...
    You are probably going to have to see this thread. It's pretty complicated, but it can be fixed by doing exactly what it says. (oh it'll tell you to put your phone into e-mode. that is, plug usb into computer and phone and hold down, in this order, back button, volume down, and power until the lg splash comes up)
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html

Tags: