1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kanuga, Aug 13, 2012.

1. kanuga

kanuga Lurker

First I hope It's OK to post support threads here I tried in the phones section to no avail... link: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-proclaim/597847-help-bricked-proclaim.html
    So hoping someone here can help.

OK so back story first...

My little sister dropped her phone yesterday and the touch screen would not work AT ALL, nor the soft keys (home search etc) so i tried to boot it into recovery mode to see if that would fix it. The phone would go to the recovery menu i could scroll through the options with the volume key but I couldn't select recovery with the power button (b/c soft keys are dead too)

Problem: So I started doing random stuff (rooted, tried to load some roms, tried to load stock image through odin etc...) Well something I did didn't go over well and now odin won't pick the phone up so I can't re-flash the stock kernel. When I try to boot the phone it gives me the firmware upgrade failure restart screen.

Question: With the phone pretty much bricked what options do I have besides sending off to be looked at?
    I was looking for drivers to get it into apx/nvflash but I cant get it to go into apx mode to even do that. So I'm stuck and would love some help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

I'm unfamiliar with your phone, but most manufactures have update packages on their website. Download it and connect your phone to your pc. Follow given instructions and you be able to push the latest update package into your phone. At least it's like that for htc:/