1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nimed, Dec 30, 2012.

1. nimed

nimed Lurker

Can anyone help,my galaxy ace wont boot up into safe mode , wont start up at all. I keep holding the home +power buttons and other combination of buttons but to no avail it still wont come on. Can anyone help me i reallyyyy love my Ace

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. insekticide

insekticide Well-Known Member

Hi. Do you get any response from your ace when you plug it into your PC ? Does the computer recognize it ?

3. nimed

nimed Lurker

Thanks for the help but to no avail nothing happened, the phone wont come on, it would not even boot into recovery. I think it`s completely toasted, thanks again.

4. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

What did you do before this happened? Can you boot into download mode by volume up+home+power?

5. nimed

nimed Lurker

Thanks for the speedy reply. Before all this happened I was downloading some file boot.img.zip, sent it to the sd card opened it up restarted the phone and boom , it went dead no start up, no going into recovery or boot menu . Totally dead. Thi is the link to the file Simplicity V2 Rom & Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 ~ TechWeen

6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

That rom is not for S5830, its for the S5830i variant. The page has wrong information on it. You cannot use S5830i products on the S5830, it bricks the device.
    You should never download things from random pages, always refer to forums or pages that have other user's reviews.
    If your phone is able to enter download mode then you can try to flash a fresh S5830 samsung firmware through odin otherwise you will have to take it to the samsung service center for repairs.

nimed likes this.
  7. nimed

nimed Lurker

Thanks much for the information

8. linburnlane

linburnlane Lurker

Is it totally dead? Do you manage to get the samsung logo screen at least? I thought my phone was bricked - no download mode, no recover mode, PC not detecting it - but I found a way to fix it today (see my post dated today 6/1/13). But in saying that, my phone could at least still turn on - it just wouldn't boot up.

9. nimed

nimed Lurker

It is unfortunately totally dead as nails, no logo or anything not even the yellow triangle or red triangle to the side. If you could please send me link to the packages the odin files an so on would be much appreciated nothing beats a try now. Thanks in advance.

10. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Everything you need to flash a fresh firmware is available at sammobile.com, but if Odin cannot detect your phone then there is not much hope. You might just have to get a new motherboard installed in your phone. Still, no harm in trying, give it a go.
    Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews