• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked ptimus black

ldmacias

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Hi, Im new to the forum, first of all I've read lots of posts to ensure there is no previous answer to this problem.

I have an Optimus Black, I rooted it around 6 months ago, everything went fine. Later I started to have problems to charge the phone, I read some posts and noticed this is common hardware problem, this has been fixed, but now it doesn't turn on!

It does charge but can't turn on, so I've tried pluging to PC holding volume key, it goes isnto S/W update, but the PC wont recognize this is plugged in.

I tried using LG recovery, no luck.
Smartflash is no use since PC doesnt detect my phone
I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers several times
Sending it to LG is no option, if you think customer service sucks, you should try LG service at Mexico.

Please give me your suggestions, if I manage my PC to recognize the phone I think it can be solved with smartflash

Thank you!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones