1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bricked S2 (I think) Please, I require assistance.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johnson1, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Johnson1

Johnson1 Lurker

Hello, my name is Catalin (even the username says differently) and I have bricked an S2 GT-i9100 bought from an online store called eMag from Romania two years ago.

I tried to upgrade from stock 2.3.5 gingerbread to jelly bean following some tutorials on the internet, seemed easy.

First I had to root it since it wasn't rooted and got it to brick, I took a online file CF something and using Odin tried to root it, the result? it doesn't open anymore, I get to the starting screen and get the default thing for rooted (the triangle with an exclamation mark) then it restarts doing the same thing over and over again.

I am not a pro in this and this is why I require your kindest support and help for the dumb ones, I don't know what PDA file (rom firmware to use) what to do exactly to find it correctly, I'm not a noob in computers, I'm a noob in phones and ROMs mostly.

I can go in download mode, recovery mode (wiped cache and did a factory reset, but no succes), Kies would not recognize it, it gets blocked at "connecting" screen, which I find deeply infuriating, since I'm all out of ideas, I have read, and tried 100 different solutions, including upgrading to 10 different ROMs, following a tons of "tutorials" (people should be banned for trying to make a tutorial on youtube, some of them deserve to be crushed with many rocks, but then again I'm just awfully pissed right now).

Sorry if I posted on the wrong place (section), thank you in advance and I am begging someone to please help me, If you require more informations just tell me, I'm doing everything I can do)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Johnson1

Johnson1 Lurker

Android people, help me not fail my buddy, please.

3. lecter1

lecter1 Newbie

Welcome, Johnson1.

Please tell us, which Solutions you've tried.

Download the Original-Firmware on Sammobile and flashed with Odin ?
    Or tried to flash a new Kernel from SD - Card and then flashed a Custom - Rom ?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews