1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Bricked? (Tried brick tutorial)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by potsey2007, Mar 31, 2010.

1. potsey2007

potsey2007 Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok so I may have messed up my Droid. I put on cyanogenmod 5.0.5.3 last night and had everything running smoothly until I tried to put on a metamorph theme. I tried a 2.01 theme which in hindsight was a very dumb thing to try but i figured it would just spit out an error if it did not like it. Well needless to say, it was a barrage of force closes and i tried to restore an old rom. I ended up wiping the phone preparing for the new rom but when i was about to load the old rom back on, the battery ran out. Now when I plug into the wall the moto symbol pops up like it is turning on but is stuck there and the charging indicator does not light up. I had it plugged in overnight and it did not make any progress. Plugging into usb causes the charging light to come on for a few minutes then it ends up on the moto screen also and the charging light turns off. If I could I would just try to do the tutorial for bricked phones but when I try that it says battery is low, cannot program.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Take the battery out for a few minutes and reinsert it. Then give it one more try plugged into the wall (not the USB port). See what happens. I seriously doubt you are bricked. If you know anyone else with a Droid, borrow their battery to perform your flash operations if recharging doesn't help.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    can you boot into recovery at all by holding x as it boots up or does it stay at the M screen no matter what you do?

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Queens, New York
    What Neil said should work. Droids tend to act funny when they run out of battery; usually, you have to plug it into the wall charger to get it to work again. I dunno what happens, maybe the USB port doesn't provide enough juice or something...

5. potsey2007

potsey2007 Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I am unable to do that but I will try taking the battery out for several minutes since I have not tried that yet. Thanks!

6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    These phones are pretty indestructible. The only way I know to kill a Droid is by not paying your Verizon bill.