• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
You can just reflash back to an older version, then follow the same steps to re-root. I've yet to find one phone bricked. Even before, with mine when I couldn't get past the Motorola loading screen, I was able to flash back down to 2.0.1, then back to root.

How do you reflash back to an older version? I have tried to use apply sdcard:update zip back to 2.2 but get this error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("....") E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

Upvote 0
Whew... I thought I totally f'ed up my phone. I'm back to stock 2.0.1 firmware now, found this post:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/82742-guide-all-things-root-related.html

here is stock sbf file if anyone needs to revert back to stock:
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
I had to reactivate my phone with Verizon after installing sbf file, but now I'm confident in trying to install anything to my phone cause I can always revert back to this sbf file. If you're going to mess around with mods and rooting your phone you should have this file handy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones