1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bricked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sprinkles169, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169 New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    So, as the title states, I managed to completely brick this phone. Absolutely no response when trying power or power/volume buttons. This was my first smart phone (ive had almost every gravity) and I really like to mess with things like this. Was rooted from day1 fine. The more stuff I found I could do, I tried.

Somewhere when I was playing with clockwork is where it blacked out. Been searching here and almost everywhere I could find on the net and its pretty much all about the galaxy. I even ordered a jig hoping it would possibly work on this phone as well. Its the same brand so why not. But, that might take a few days to get here and attempt.

Is there anything else I can try to get this thing working again? I'm only asking because 99% of info on this topic is about other phones.

Edit: Jig didn't work so sending it back to Samsung in hopes they don't look over much and I get a working one or something.

Advertisement

2. Arhtard

Arhtard Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    i'm sorry that happened.
    as of today, clockworkmod recovery isn't ported to work on our phone properly.
    i hope the developer, koush, gets my request to port to our phone.
    i bricked my phone too doing something else.

3. ramothgold

ramothgold Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Student/Domestic Engineer
    somewhere
    I bricked mine twice. All I could do is get a replacement, but as luck has it my new phone is rooted and working quite well. Good luck.

Keep Moving Forward,
    Ramothgold