1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bricked!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nu2moding, Sep 21, 2011.

1. nu2moding

nu2moding Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    im having trouble after my OM got bricked-had johneid recovery-(sp-sorry, pal)
    and that recovery didnt let me scroll all the way down to the bottom of my files- used flashimage gui to try and put on gmn recovery (or whatever its called), the app said it was successful, so i rebooted:eek:- i downgraded and was rooted using PG's cm7 latest, stable@768 mhz:D
    well, after the initial shock of bricking my 3day old phone wore off, i used the tools i had when i flashed my prl to 3022.
    got to s/w update, and unbricked
    BUT...i was zeroed out:(
    used tools in my arsenal(cdma workshop trial, qpst, LGNPST) and successfully did nothing:thinking:
    any thoughts? i cant get the other prog to load (4 letters like QPST) cuz all the comps in the house are vista's.
    so basically im stuck..

Advertisement

2. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
  3. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    that's the program I can't get to install on the windows vista computers in my house. I even downloaded the vista fix(?) but I don't know how to use it or even put it in...

off topic,tho, however often do these OM's reject a recovery in the programming?
    I ask because system toolbox,s recovery reboot just did a regular reboot and cm7's reboot. into recovery only did a regular reboot as well-it was before the bricking and y I used imageflasher...

4. tds187

None

Sep 17, 2011
    This is why im scared of roms ;( hope u can fix ur issues

5. undacova

None

Sep 14, 2011
    QXDM don't work in vista. Do your self a favor and upgrade that box to 7, heh.

Other than that if you don't have a friend running 7 you can go visit, you could try finding a 3rd party metro store that does flashing and have them give you a hand for a fee, just don't try a corporate store, lol.

6. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    warrenty:)

wish i coulda fixed it though...

7. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Florida
    Dude, get a windows 7 CD, get vmware and install a virtual is, fix it phone

8. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    b4 i gave up, i put upa valient effort.
    managed to un-zero my esn but somehow changed my number to 000-000-6783 n the meid was all wrong.
    i WANTED to try n run a virtual os but none of the comps r mine. i think ima get a netbook cheap n make that into my fix-it comp. cuz i DID get it unbricked, its just that i couldn't find info on how to run CDMA cuz i guess its voodoo or something to even talk about that prog in an open forum...

9. undacova

None

Sep 14, 2011
    no need to discuss CDMA Workshop in your circumstance. QXDM and QPST would have fixed it, no need for the whole workshop.

Need to get yourself a Windows 7 machine. If you had the right OS everything would have been easier.

10. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    FL
    I'm guessing you had a 2.2.1 well the Joneidy recovery you were using was for 2.2.1 but the GNM recovery didn't work for on 2.2.1 (at least for me) when I used flash image gui for gnm it booted into a black screen instead of the recovery it boots into right after flashing like flash image gui is supposed too. I took the battery out it booted normal and I flashed joneidy recovery again everything worked. :)
    Basically what I'm saying is I don't think you bricked your phone but by trying to unbrick it you lost all your meid, just for future refrence take your time :)

Tags: