• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you were able to get it working.

let this be a lesson to never accept an ota while you are rooted. also keep in mind that with each new ota it will get harder to root the phone as previous exploits gets closed up. this will apply to all phones going forward. all an ota is really is just a software update (with added part of closing any exploits and will most likely change your hboot).

all you needed to do was just flash a new rom that has the latest software version cooked into the rom.

Upvote 0
Yeah, when I accepted the update, I didn't think I needed root anymore. I'm still stuck not being able to get root back. My phone still says s-off but none of the root apps will work.

As long as you are still S-OFF Its really easy to get root back. Reboot into recovery (if you have the stock recovery install a custom one first), then just flash the superuser apk back into the ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones