1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bricking it.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TELREA, Oct 3, 2011.

1. TELREA

TELREA Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi guys gonna go through all the "have i bricked my phone threads",but here is my story of woe:(Started having a few probs with my phone displaying the headphone socket,and contacted HTC who requested it be sent in for repair,but as my phone was rooted,i decided last night install a stock rom from shipped roms.

Now my phone was bought 14 months ago,Unbranded unlocked,on contract with Orange,the phone was S-OFF,and i started by flashing stock Bravo hboot,then i downloaded a stock rom,connected phone,and everything seemed to go well.

The phone informed me that an update was available OTA,and since i updated,the phone has been stuck on the HTC screen on reboot,i can get into recovery,but when i connect the phone to the PC,i get nothin,pop the battery out,reboots to same screen....any ideas or does this sound like i have killed it?:eek:

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    OK, since its Orange, you will have to download the 2.3.3 Dev Gingerbread:

HTC Developer Center
    This is unbranded but still covered by warranty by HTC.

Boot into fastboot mode from off (back + power). Connect USB. If the label on screen changes from "Fastboot" to "Fastboot usb", you're good to go. run the RUU.

If not, read on:

• Run the RUU with your phone DISCONNECTED. Move it to a corner of the screen.
    • go to Start>Run and type in "%temp%
    • Look for a folder with a hexidecimal name - i.e made up of characters 0-9 and a-f, (e.g "62712b4d78f") that was created at the time you ran the RUU
    • Open the folder and find another folder of a similar style name
    • Open this folder too and there should be "rom.zip"
    • Copy this zip and rename it "PB99IMG.zip"
    • put this on the root of your SD card (Somehow) and boot to hboot.

TELREA likes this.
  3. TELREA

TELREA Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    your a star SuRoot,all sorted,the flashing icon is gone as well...probably still send it in for repair though thanks again

TEL.

Tags: