1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bricking Of Samung Tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spudster, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Spudster

Spudster Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    Australia
    I have heard of the risk of Android tablets/phones bricking?
    So what causes them to brick? Can it brick itself? I use to have a rooted android tablet but I reinstalled the original firmware since I Was scared of the tablet bricking, The tablet is the only thing the supplies internet at home and via 3/4G.

Can rooting brick it if you only install one trusted application that only needs root access? Im unrooted now. Recently Telstra/Samsung launched The new Firmware Update ICS it was in the middle of doing the upgrade until it froze I turned of the device without no choice, For 3 minutes the device wouldn

Advertisement

2. Spudster

Spudster Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    Australia
  3. Spudster

Spudster Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    Australia
    Why is it only staff Reply?

4. nuismer

nuismer Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Retired
    Fort Payne, AL.
    I am certainly not an expert on rooting. I have rooted only two of my many tablets. But from long reading and experimenting maybe i can answer what I know. Makers of Tablets hide important parts of the operating system so an ordinary user can't screw everything up and make the tablet unstable. When you root a tablet, you can lose that protection. Now you can see and remove and move files that are important to the operation of the tablet. I somehow did that to one of my tablets (I don't know how it happened). But it was a soft-brick and I was able to do a system restore and saved it (But I lost all my Apps and data). I think unless you are really into new systems and will spend the time and risk, you are better off not rooting a Tablet. That's my two cents.

5. Spudster

Spudster Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    Australia
    I rather stay unrooted to prevent bricking.

Heres another thread
    androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-8-9/689700-packet-data-won-t-work-after-connecting-wifi.html